Chapter eleven:carina

"Souls don't meet by accident"

Arabella Karve
"Hi! could I have the chocolate cold brew shake please?" I ask with a small smile as I take of my warm black gloves, and tuck them into my small, white purse.

"Of course love! Name?" The sweet girl asks from behind the counter, as she flashes me a pretty smile.

"Arabella." I say while looking around at the comfortable and warm cafe that is tucked far back in the town.

"Alrighty! Your drink will be out in a giffy!"

"Thank you!" I say kindly as i make my way over to a small table that was tucked in the corner, next to the simple bookshelf of the small cafe.

Right next to the table are beautiful, wooden French doors that give me a flawless view of the pouring, fall rain. I smile softly as I approach the cozy table and see outside the doors, people laughing as they stand in the cold rain and hold their large black umbrellas above their heads, and quickly jog to their cars, trying to stay as dry as possible.

I sit down and after setting down my wool coat and bag, I immediately pull out one of the dusty books off the bookshelf, that peeked my interest because of the blood red cover that was standing out from the rest.

This morning when I woke up, and was entirely sore all over, from Eros's ruthless training, I decided to have a peaceful morning, and get out of the house and away from everybody. Except Eros, who is currently standing beside the front entrance in all black, glaring at me, and anyone who comes too close to him. Big baby.

Ever since I decided that running away and escaping my miserable life is completely hopeless... ten tries later, I have been trying to get out of the manor as often as I am able.

My parents and I went back and forth, because they don't want me to leave ever since everything happened, just because they want an heir. But after lots of screaming, I am allowed to leave for collage, and otherwise small amounts of time, only during the day.

"Here you are love!" I quickly look away from the old book, to see the girl with long red hair that was working behind the counter, holding my drink with a kind smile. She's so pretty.

"Oh thank you, it looks delicious!" I say excitedly as I reach for the drink and delicately set it down on the wooden table.

"My pleasure! I just was wondering if I could ask you one thing?" The sweet girl asks as she sits down on the other chair at my table, and leans in a bit closer to me.

"Hm?" I question quietly as I furrow my eyebrows slightly and rest my hands upon the surface of the book.

"I just want to make sure you are safe. That man standing by the front entrance has barley taken his eyes off of you. I just feel uneasy about it, and want to make sure you are well." She says quietly as she gives me a slightly concerned smile.