Chapter thirty:Vita Mia

"I want you

"I want you. All of you. Your flaws. Your mistakes. Your imperfections. I want you, and only you"

Arabella Karve
My hands are completely drenched in the dark crimson color as I apply more pressure against my waist that is slowly going numb.

My ribs throb unbearably every time I take a breath, causing more tears to fall down my cheeks. My jaw and cheeks ache excruciatingly as my teeth chatter against the frigid gusts of wind.

I'm 100% fucking sure my face is completely bruised, and a few of my ribs are broken.

After what feels like years of limping in unbearable pain, I finally reach the isolated road that leads through the woods, to Eros's mansion. Another wave of dizziness washes over me as I use every last bit of strength to try and reach him.

My heart pounds in my chest as I notice the amount of blood I am losing, and as I imagine showing up at Eros's door like this. This is the last fucking thing I want to do.

He hates me. And I want to hate him.

There is a part within me that is preparing for Eros to immediately turn me away so that I can bleed out alone in the woods, and he can finally be free of me. Just like everyone wants.

Maybe it would be better if I just let myself bleed out.

The worst possible scenarios run through my head on repeat as I continue struggling my way up the road. Eros rolling his beautiful eyes and turning me away, him adding to the collection of bruises on my face, him laughing in my face and telling me to go fuck myself.

Eros laughing? Maybe I hit my head harder than I originally thought. Eros laughing would be the most magnificent sight.

More tears fall from my eyes in relief as my eyes land upon the front of Eros's house. All the lights are on within the house, illuminating from the floor length windows lining the black walls.

I step up the first stone step towards the house, wincing softly at the unexplainably painful action.

I stagger to the front door and take a shaky breath before weakly knocking on the glass door, praying with everything in me that Eros will answer. Please answer.

I keep one of my hands pressed against my stomach and turn away from the door in denial. I stare out into the dark woods while standing still, as silent tears escape my eyes for what feels like the hundredth time today.

He's back and he's coming for me.

I trace my fingers along the long, jagged scar reaching from my jaw to my collarbone, like a permanent reminder that Dominik is always with me. Always haunting me.