Chapter thirty two:All over again

"If I told you about the darkness inside of me, would you still look at me like I am your sun?"

Arabella Karve
I feel a warm beam of sunlight shining in through my bedroom window, illuminating the side of my face as I slowly begin to awaken from my peaceful night of sleep.

Not one nightmare for the first time in years.

My eyes slowly open, and I slightly squint because of the bright light illuminating my bedroom.

The first thing I notice as I focus my senses, is the flawless bouquet of white roses sitting upon my dresser.

My favorites.

The second thing I notice, making my heart completely stop beating, is the muscular arm draped tightly around my waist from behind me. I feel my chest tighten in fear, until my eyes reach the familiar snake tattoo winding up the veiny arm that is all too familiar.

I gently trace my fingers along the tattoo, addicted to the feeling of his skin.

I slowly turn around in Eros's arms in order to face him, while trying to figure out why he is wrapped around me after being pissed at me less than ten hours ago. I carefully flip around in his arms and lightly throw my leg over his solid torso.

I rest my head against the pillow and stare at his sleeping face as he subconsciously tightens his arms around my waist, holding me against his warm body.

Eros's perfect, plump lips are slightly parted open as he takes steady breaths and his long dark lashes cast soft shadows onto his cheekbones. I lift up one of my hands and slowly drag my soft thumb across his cheek.

Eros let's out a soft sigh before his tired eyes slowly open, setting off a small flutter within my stomach. He silently gazes at me with a tender look within his eyes as I slowly remove my hand from his face.

Eros silently places his rough hand on my waist and gently caresses my bare skin with his thumb.

"Eros, what are you doing here?" I question quietly, still slightly shocked that he is here. His features instantly soften at the sound of my voice.

"You told me you have nightmares every night." His rough, tired voice reaches my ears, "I am never letting you go through those alone again." He says deeply while lifting up one of his hands and gently tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear, "and because I am sorry Vita Mia."

My heart rapidly flutters in my chest as I struggle to keep my breathing steady. I nod while letting his words soak in.

He's never going to let me go through them alone again.