• ~ One ~ •

Chapter 1: Kicked Behind

I stared at myself in the mirror admiring the new outfit I bought for my VMA's performance.

My parents were proud of me for being so successful at 18. My mom was popular from the moment she dropped her first album at 16, and my dad was a player for the chiefs football team. That's right, my parents are Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce.

"Lexi!" My father called from the kitchen.

"One second!"

I quickly changed into a hoodie and some leggings. I went downstairs and walked into the kitchen to see both of my parents with breakfast at the table.

We were eating and chatting until I got a text from my manager, Trey.

Sorry kid, but they are taking away yourVMAs performance

I wanted to cry. I was looking forward to it, and they were just taking it away just like that?

"What the fuck!"

"Lexi, language-"

"They're taking away my VMAs performance!"

"What do you mean? They can't do that!" My mother said.

"Well they are. Trey said they are replacing me with Olivia Rodrigo."

My parents sighed.

"I'm sorry Honey."

"It's fine, I mean I'm still nominated for another VMA."

"That's a great way to look at it." My father said with a smile.

I finished my breakfast and went back to my room, disappointed in what had happened. I pulled out my phone and opened Twitter. It was everywhere. Everyone knew that Olivia Rodrigo had taken my spot. I noticed one tweet that made me feel a bit better.

@KitConnor: I don't know who's idea it was to kick Alexia Kelce off the lineup for the VMAs, but it's actually bull
11.7k Replies 2.9k Reposts 21.6k Likes

I smiled at the tweet leaving a response.

@ItsAlexiaKelce: I agree, but it is what it is. At least I'm still nominated for an award 🤷‍♀️

I searched him up on instagram. He posted a story, so I pressed the follow button and viewed it.

Posted 1hr ago

He was cute. Was it weird I was invested in him slightly? He was an actor too. A British one might I add.

"Lexi! It's time to go!" My mother called from downstairs.

I forgot I had that interview today. I changed into something cute, I went downstairs and gave my dad a hug before my mom and I left.

Paparazzi was lurking everywhere, mostly for my mom since she was known as the music industry. I was truly jealous of my mothers fan base, but most of mine came from her.

We got of the car and we were swarmed by paparazzi, but they weren't for my mother. They were for me.

"Alexia! Alexia! How do you feel about being kicked from the VMAs lineup?"

"Alexia! Are you mad at Olivia Rodrigo for taking your spot?"

"After Kit's tweet, is there something going on between you guys?"

I looked up at my mom.

"Just ignore it. They'll stop as we go inside."

I nodded as we walked inside. I got a notification from Instagram.

It was a DM from Kit Connor himself.