• ~ Nineteen ~ •

Chapter 19: Secrets

A/N: Alexia is gonna steal one of her mother's songs and turn it into hers so just beware 😭

"Kit Sebastian Connor. I should kick your ass." I said wiping the blood from his nose.

"He deserved it."

"Either way. That guy could have had you arrested. Also you're trending online."

"Wait seriously?"

"Yes! People were recording everywhere!"

Kit sighed and I put the towel down on the counter.

"But.. I can't blame you for doing it. Either way I still you're an idiot."

"You're worth the broken nose. You should have seen the other guy."

I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"You are going to be the death of me."

"Not true. You love me too much."

"You're right."

I kissed him softly before he wrapped his arm around my waist to have me sit on his lap.

"Do you wanna see the video of you kicking that guy's ass?"

"Oh definitely."

I pulled up the video from Instagram.

"I'll be right back. I'm gonna run to the bathroom."

My father walked into the room.

"Holy shit Kit. You kicked that guy's ass."

"Yeah I did. Lex just showed me the video."

My dad looked at Kit for a second.

"I'm going to be honest with you. For a minute there I had my doubts about you, kid. But after what you have just done for Alexia proves you really do care about her. Thank you for that."

"I would do anything for Alexia. I really do love her."

"You've treated her the best out of all 3 of you she's dated."

"3? I thought it was just me and Louis."

"Oh she didn't tell you about Josh?"

"Josh who?"

"Josh Reynolds. He was a close friend of hers. They only dated for like 3 months and they ended on good terms. They decided they were just better as friends."

"Oh. I wonder why she didn't tell me about him."

"I'm pretty sure she has a thing for actors."

"Well that's obvious."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was getting late, but Kit was strangely quiet.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Kit looked up at me.

"I don't know.. it's just.."

"What's up? It's okay, I won't be mad."

"Your dad told me you dated someone before Louis. I was just overthinking why you didn't tell me. It's stupid."

I sighed.

"There's a reason I didn't tell you.. my parents also don't know the real reason I broke up with Josh."  I looked up at him. "Josh and I were good for a while, but him and I went all the way. I don't know why, but I dumped him right after. I haven't talked to him since. I don't talk about it because I feel bad about it."

"So you started dating Louis to ignore what happened between you and Josh?"

"Exactly.. Louis was honestly just a rebound. I'm surprised we lasted as long as we did. I don't think he ever really had a thing for me. I think he just liked the idea of being with me."

"Sounds like Louis."

I put my head against my headboard.

"You are now the only person who knows the real reason I broke up with Josh."

"Well, thank you." He said putting his head on my chest.

"For what?"

"For telling me. That took some real balls and I know it did because your heart is racing."

I ran my fingers through his hair.

"For some reason I was terrified to tell you. I thought you were gonna dump me."

"Dump you for losing your virginity?"

"I guess. Now that you say it, that's sounds so dumb."

He chuckled.

"Alexia. I'm not going anywhere."

"I know. I'm just scared I'm going to do something to lose you."

"That's impossible."

"You know.. I wrote a song for you when we first started dating."

"Wait really?"

"Yeah, it's so stupid. I had it recorded and everything. I just was never going to release it."

"Do you still have it?"

"Of course I do."

I grabbed my laptop from my side table. I opened a file called 'Delicate'.

"This ain't for the best. My reputation's never been worse, so You must like me for me.We can't make any promises. Now can we, babe?
But you can make me a drink. Dive bar on the East Side, where you at?"

"Phone lights up my nightstand in the black. Come here; you can meet me in the back. Dark jeans and your Nikes, look at you.Oh, damn, never seen that color blue. Just think of the fun things we could do. 'Cause I like you."

Kit looked up at me with a smile as the song continued.

"Is it cool that I said all that? Is it chill that you're in my head?'Cause I know that it's delicate. Is it cool that I said all that?Is it too soon to do this yet? Cause I know that it's delicate. Isn't it, isn't it, isn't it? Isn't it? Isn't it, isn't it, isn't it? Isn't it delicate?"

"Lex, I think it's amazing. You should release it."

"Really? I was thinking of releasing a new album called No Hard Feelings and it's all songs I've written based on how I was feeling."

"You should do it. I really think you should do it."

"Okay! I'm gonna have to do some digging on some of my old songs."

"I can't wait." Kit said with a smile, kissing me softly.