• ~ Twenty Nine ~ •

Chapter 29: home is where the heart is

I was recording a song with Doja Cat and was basically friends with my boyfriend's ex girlfriend and my ex best friend who happened to be dating my ex boyfriend behind my back.

My life was getting weirder by the second. If a dragon asked me on a date, I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

I had woke up to see Kit looking at himself in the mirror.

"Babe, what are you doing?"

"I'm pretty sure I cut myself shaving- oh! Are we still going house shopping later?"

"I was planning on it if you were still down."

"I'm absolutely down. Is Sienna coming? I can't keep seeing her all the time."

I had chuckled, walking over to my vanity.

"What? Does it weird you out that I'm basically friends with your ex girlfriend?"

"Slightly."

"Nope, it's just you and me."

Kit smiled walking over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I've still gotta tell my parents."

"You still haven't told them?"

"I know, I know- don't come for me."

"You've gotta tell them, tonight."

"Tonight!?"

"We could be buying a place today, Kit. If you don't tell them, I will."

"Fine, I'll tell them tonight."

"Thank you." I said kissing him softly.

I had put on Kit's hoodie and left my hair down for once. We had gone downstairs and I had grabbed the keys. My parents were nowhere to be seen. There was a note on the table.

Alexia and Kit,

If you are seeing this, both Trav and I are at the hospital. It's nothing bad, but Travis may have broken his foot. Dumbass was drunk golfing with Uncle Patrick so who knows anymore. Anyways, have fun house shopping!

- Love Mom/Tay

"I hope your Dad is okay."

"Anytime him and Uncle Patrick do anything drunk, one of them ends up in the hospital."

Kit had chuckled a bit.

"I might have to meet Patrick Mahomes."

"You don't want to-"

We had walked out to the car and I turned to Kit.

"What's the first house?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We had seen like 5 houses, but none of them had seemed to fit our vibe. We had one left on the list.

"The last one is that Celebrity Penthouse a couple streets down from home."

"Isn't it like hella expensive? Whatever screw it! Let's go!"

We had walked into the apartment building. I was already getting good vibes.

"Ah! Kit Connor and Alexia Kelce! Are you here for the open house?"

"Yeah, we are actually!"

"Great! Right this way!"

We had followed the man into the elevator.

"Here at the Ripton, we have security surrounding the building at all times. Even in the parking garage. I know that you're a singer, Alexia, so we have a penthouse suite with a studio built in!"

I had turned to Kit in amazement and we hadn't even seen the penthouse yet.

The man had lead us into the penthouse.

"Each penthouse has a code that you get to create so nobody can get in! Right now since nobody is renting the code is just 0000."

He had opened the door and I was in heaven. It was a beautiful view of the city. New York at its finest.

"It's a one bedroom one bath, but it comes fully furnished and the studio is this way!"

The man had opened the studio door and I was in love.

"Comes with everything you may need! Piano, guitar, bass, microphones!"

"How much is rent?"

"6,500."

"A month!?"

"Mhm!"

I had turned to Kit.

"I don't think we can-"

"We'll take it." Kit said before I could answer.

"Great! I'll go get the paperwork!"

The man had left and I turned to Kit.

"Are you crazy? We can't afford that!"

"Sure we can, besides I saw the way your face lit up Lex. I'm not passing up on that."

I hugged him tight. Our house. It was crazy to me. I couldn't believe it. I never thought I'd ever make it this far with anyone, and here I was.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kit and I had gotten home and my parents were home. My father was on the couch with crutches and my mother was getting him ice.

"How was house shopping?"

"We found a place. We can move in Monday."

"Really! That's great! Where'd you guys pick?"

"The Ripton."

"The Ripton!?" My father said. "How are you guys gonna afford that? Isn't rent like 11,000 a month?"

"Ours happens to be only 6,500."

"Oh that's not bad."

"Not bad?"

"Kiddo, the average rent in New York is like 5,000 a month."

"Damn. Maybe I'm too stupid to live on my own-"

"That's why you've got Kit."

"Shut up, that's why you broke your foot drunk golfing with Uncle Patrick. I don't wanna hear it."

"Ouch."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

@ItsAlexiaKelce: Last mirror selfie in this specific mirror 🫡 @KitConnor

@User: Stop are they moving in together??
^ @User: I'm pretty sure they are

@SiennaLiz123: cuties 😘
^ @DylanConrique: Ong
^ @ItsAlexiaKelce: Stoppp yall are too sweet 🫶🏻

@User: Bro Alexia being friends with Sienna is messing with my head
^ @KitConnor: You and Me both man

A/N: 3 chapters in one day!?!? I'm just on my grind today, but I'm also making up for the fact I haven't released in a few days. If I make more chapters today yell at me. I need to touch some grass. Thank you for all the love on this story! The amount of effort I've put into this is insane. Love you all so much! -Abby <3