• ~ Twenty Four ~ •

Chapter 24: Karaoke with Tea

The four of us had walked in and got seated. My parents sat next to each other and Kit and I sat next to each other.

The waitress explains how to sign up for karaoke. I had an idea, but it depended on whether Kit was down or not.

I took out my phone and sent him a text.

Lexi: I have an idea. It depends on whether you're down or not.

Kit looked up at me as he looked at the text.

Kit: What's your idea?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We had eaten and Kit and I had signed up for that karaoke. The announcer had started talking.

"What a night! Up next we have Alexia Kelce and Kit Connor!"

My parents had looked at us confused, but slightly intrigued.

The announcer had let us say something before we started.

"Well, today is my mother's birthday and Kit and I decided to sing a song of my mother's."

Kit looked at me.

"We will be singing Lover, but the one featuring Shawn Mendes."

I saw my mother smiling with a chuckle over at the table.

"We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January. this is our place, we make the rules. And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you dear. Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years? Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?
And ah, take me out, and take me home. You're my, my, my, my Lover."

I smiled over at Kit who was already prepared.

"We could light a bunch of candles And dance around the kitchen, baby. Pictures of when we were young would hang on the wall. We would sit on the stoop. I'll sing love songs to you when we're eighty. See, I finally got you now, honey, I won't let you fall."

I was enjoying every moment of this. And who knew Kit could sing.

"Can I go where you go? Can we always be this close?Forever and ever, ah
Take me out, and take me home (Forever and ever) You're my, my, my, my lover."

Singing the verses together had my heart racing. I'm not sure what it was.

"Ladies and gentlemen, will you please stand?
With every guitar string scar on my hand
I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover."

"Look in my eyes, they will tell you the truth
The girl in my story has always been you
I'd go down with the Titanic, it's true, for you, lover."

"And you'll save all your dirtiest jokes for me
And at every table, I'll save you a seat, lover. Can I go where you go? (Can I go where you go, baby?) Can we always be this close?
Forever and ever, ah Take me out, and take me home (Forever and ever) You're my, my, my, my Oh, you're my, my, my, my Darling, you're my, my, my, my lover."

We finished singing and cheers had filled the restaurant. Kit had hugged me tight.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When we sat down my mother had hugged us both.

"You guys are so sweet. You both did amazing!"

"You deserve it, Mom."

Both Kit and I's phones were blowing up. Our duet was now on the internet and people were going crazy.

To make matters worse, I had turned my head and there they were. Louis and Sienna.

My parents noticed them too. I had tapped Kit.

"What."

"The."

"Actual."

"Fuck."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"There's no way. I thought they left." My father said.

"Apparently they didn't." Kit crossed his arms.

"I'm going over there."

"Alexia-" My mother tried to stop me but I was already gone before she could stop me.

"I guess you really can't catch her now." My father said sarcastically. My mother smacked him in the arm. "What? It's my favorite song from the album-"

"Why the fuck are you still here?"

"Great album Alexia. Great to see you still aren't over me. Wasn't almost the whole album about me?"

"Hey asshole. Only two songs were about you, and they both talk about how terrible of a person you are."

"Oh please Alexia. You are so jelly I'm with Louis." Sienna said with a smirk.

"Okay bitch, listen here-"

Kit had run over and broke up whatever was about to happen.

"Okay Lex-"

"Not you having to be saved by your fancy British boyfriend."

"Sienna. I'm also a Brit if you haven't realized."

"Oh shit-"

Kit rolled his eyes.

"Now this is pathetic."

"Alexia. You're just mad I left you for Dylan."

My heart dropped. What am I supposed to say to that? I looked over at Kit.

"Whatever Louis. Come on Kit."

"Oh Kit! Thanks for applying for a Visa! We don't want you in the UK anymore anyways!"

My attention was now back.

"You filed for a visa?"