• ~ Seventeen ~ •

Chapter 17: I'm Not Okay

  The video was almost done and ready to be released. Kit and my parents were worried about me. I truly thought I was fine. Kit said he wasn't going back until all this was over.

"Kit. I promise I'm okay."

"Lex.."

"I'm serious." I turned around and looked at him sitting on the other side of the counter. "I'm just gonna keep baking until this blows over."

Kit walked over to me.

"Alexia. Talk to me, please.."

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm just being told to kill myself on the internet over and over. I'm being called a homewrecker and a rebound. It's life I guess."

"Lex.."

I looked up at him trying to contain my tears.

"Is it going to go away?"

"It will, love. I promise. I will make sure of it."

I wrapped my arms around him tight. Why was this happening to me? I was just trying to live my life.

I got a text. I grabbed my phone. It was a text from someone else's management team.

"Oh my god-"

"What?"

"The Chainsmokers want me to feature in their new song."

"Seriously!?"

"Yeah!"

"See, I told you things would look up."

I chuckled kissing him. My dad walked into the kitchen with my mom and bags of food for the 4 of us.

"No making out in the kitchen." My father said sarcastically.

My mother sniffed the air. "Is something burning?"

"Oh shit! My brownies!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I decided to go through with my song. I wasn't sure if I should've, but I did. I went to the recording studio and started.

"I said I wanted Thin Mints and you said you knew a guy. You showed up with a boom box and stars in your eyes. Who knew cuddling on trampolines could be so reckless. We bonded over Black Eyed Peas and complicated exes."

"Fell so deeply into it. It was all so innocent.
Now I'm a homewrecker, I'm a slut. I got death threats filling up semi-trucks. Tell me who I am, guess I don't have a choice All because I liked- I'm a hot topic on your tongue. I'm a rebound gettin' 'round stealin' from the young. Tell me who I am, guess I don't have a choice. All because I liked a boy"

It felt relief. Singing out everything I had been called over and over. Once we were done, I went home. I felt better than before.

"Hey babe." Kit said sitting in the living room with my parents.

"Hey!" I sat next to him on the couch and he put his arm around me. "What are we watching?"

"My failed football game." My father said crossing his arms.

I chuckled and I put my head on Kit's shoulder.

"Do you wanna go do something tonight? Maybe mini golf or something."

"I'm down. How'd your recording go?"

"It went great! I finished it in one take. Plus I feel very relieved about everything."

"Good. I've been worried about you."

Someone was knocking on the door.

"I'll get it." I said walking over to the door. I opened the door.  "What the actual fuck are you doing here?"

A/N: Sorry it's a bit on the shorter side, but the next chapter will be longer 🫡