• ~ Sixty Five ~ •

Chapter 65: Music Makes The World Go Round

Josh was a wreck. I figured he would be. He seemed to really like Riley and she had to ruin it. The only good thing she did was apologize for the videos of lies.

Kit and I were at his apartment.

"She keeps leaving voicemails. Listen."

Josh played a voicemail of Riley begging him to take her back.

"You should write a song about it. It helps." I said taking a bite from an apple.

"The only thing it would say is you're a fucking bitch."

"Okay, make sure she knows that shit."

"Wait. You might be onto something."

Josh grabbed a notebook from the other side of the room.

"What are you writing?"

"A song, well a chorus. Do you guys think you can help me?"

"Lets here what you got for a chorus."

Josh read the lyrics.

"You're a fucking bitch, hope you know that shit. You can never trust a hoe, had to learn that quick. How many others are you sleeping with all I know is I don't deserve this."

Was the idea of the song kind of a dick move? Probably. Was I here for the idea of ruining Riley? 100%

Kit, Josh and I wrote a few songs for Josh's debut album.

Cry, Somebody I used to know, and You're a Fucking Bitch Hope You Know That Shit.

We decided I'd feature on Somebody I Used To Know. Josh was trending right now because of Monster, so he was becoming known anyway.

"Did you wanna come back to Kit and I's place? We can work on some music stuff there."

"That works for me. Besides, I don't really wanna be alone anyway."

"It all good man. Come on."

• ~ • ~ • ~ •

We had ordered food. Josh and I were working on music stuff while Kit was on a zoom call trying to work with his management team.

We decided to work on Somebody I Used To Know. I grabbed my guitar and started messing rhythms.

"Wait, this might work. Play that again," Josh said.

I did just that. We had finished the entire song. Kit had walked in with a smile. I hadn't really had time to work on music and Kit knew I was missing it.

I turned around and saw him.

"Oh hey baby. Come here. How'd your call go?"

"Oh yeah, what did they say?" Josh added.

"They said it's between me and someone else for that new movie I auditioned for,"

"That's great! What movie?"

"Have you seen or read the book It Ends With Us?"

"No I haven't."

"God I hated that book. I'll only watch the movie if you get the part." I said. "I'm so anti-Colleen Hoover."

Kit laughed a bit.

"I don't think I'm gonna get it, but it's worth a shot."

"Do you know who you're against?" Josh asked.

"They can't tell me unfortunately."

My phone started ringing. It was an unknown number. I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Alexia? Is this you?"

"Yeah? Who is this?"

"It's Louis."

"You're kidding."

"Look, I need your help."

"No. Listen, I'm not playing these games."

"Alexia, I'm sorry for the way I've treated you. I miss you."

"So now you want my sympathy? Louis don't call me again."

"Lex."

"Nope." I hung up. I turned to Josh and Kit. "I need to get rid of him. For good. I need to cut people out of my life."

"And what brought you to this conclusion?"

"I'm gonna be 20 and I want a clean slate. I can't have people who are constantly trying to kill me or ruin my relationship around."

"Amen to that." Josh said with a laugh.

There was once again aggressive knocking on the front door and Kit went to answer it.

"Oh- Josh- Lex- you might wanna come here."

• ~ • ~ • ~ •

A/N: So uh yeah Cliffhanger 😝 if it makes you feel better, I found a website that make fakes tweets so you'll have actual social media posts on media post moments. Also I will include a funny tweet after each chapter from here on out 🙏 love you all -Abby <3

 Also I will include a funny tweet after each chapter from here on out 🙏 love you all -Abby <3