• ~ Twenty Two ~ •

Chapter 22: Aftermath

I went up the stairs and knocked on the door.

"Hey, baby? It's me."

"Come in." Kit said.

I walked in to see Kit flat on his bed. I sat down next to him.

"Are you okay?"

He sat up and looked at me.

"I've never gotten into that big of an argument with him. I could have handled it, but then he started shit talking you and I lost it."

I put my hand on his cheek.

"I know honey. I didn't know what to say. Why is he so stuck on Sienna?"

"He's convinced she's my 'soulmate' apparently."

"Do you believe in soulmates?"

"I do, and I'm pretty sure I met mine 6 months ago."

Kit had this hold on me that I couldn't explain. Something had always had me drawn to him.

He had pulled me close.

"Lex, I need to know, are you using me like everyone else? I'm falling way too hard and I need to know before I get hurt."

"Kit, I'm not using you. I could never use you. Let's not forget how I was the one the fell first."

"Yeah, and I fell harder."

Kit had kissed me. Neither of us pulled away until there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Kit said quietly.

It was Ned.

"I'll be back." I said with a smile as I walked out of the room closing the door behind me.

I went downstairs and saw Caroline shaking her head.

"Oh Alexia, how's Kit?"

"He's okay." I put my hand on her shoulder.

"I've never seen them yell at each other like that."

"They'll be okay. Kit was already on edge. It was bound to happen eventually."

I turn my head and saw Kit and Ned coming down the stairs.

"Hey Lexi." Ned said. "Do you wanna come to the coffee place down the street?"

"They've got live music."

"Sure!"

Kit grabbed my jacket off the hook and we were off.

We had walked in and got a table. There was a sign up sheet by the register.

"Oh my god! You're Alexia Kelce! I love your music!" The cashier said with a huge smile.

"Oh thank you!"

"Can you perform a song?"

I looked at Kit and he smiled at me.

"You should."

"Okay, I will."

"You can go up there now if you want to! There's a guitar up there and everything!"

"Okay!"

I walked over to the stage and I had caught people's attention. People knew who I was.

I tuned the guitar and turned on the mic.

"Hello, I'm Alexia."

"We love you Alexia!" Someone called out from the audience.

I chuckled.

"So I figured I wouldn't sing a song of my own, but I guess like a cover of someone else's song. I don't do much country music so, I was thinking I'd sing Everything I Love by Morgan Wallen."

I saw people taking out their phones and recording. I started playing the song before I started singing.

"I wish I woulda met you anywhere but where I did. Some ol' high rise town that I won't ever go again. Wish we woulda rolled around in some old cab and chased them city lights and hit bars I don't like. We were listenin' to One More Silver Dollar, Hanging out my Silverado, Down a road I love to ride."

"Wish I woulda known that by now, you'd be good and gone, And you'd leave us in a cloud of dust. And can't you see what you're doing, girl?
You ruined damn near everything I love."

Everyone was clapping, for me. I wasn't worried about them. I only cared about one person in that cafe. I looked over at Kit who had a proud look on his face. Was he proud of me? I wasn't sure of what was going on, but came to one realization. Kit's right. We are definitely soulmates.