CH 18: Wannabe Detectives

✧───────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────────✧「Last Time on "Unforgettable Bonds"」

「Last Time on "Unforgettable Bonds"」

Walking past that, they were met with hallways and various rooms that led to cubicles. As Yeji and YN were walking around, a male voice shouted at us.

"Hey you two!" He shouted.

They looked at him before pointing to ourselves. He nodded and pointed at us before walking towards us.

"I think I saw you guys before!" He said as our eyes widened, especially Yeji's.

"You're..."

✧───────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────────✧

↪no formatting and proofreading, read the end msg haha, feels bad man

「YN POV」
↳December 24th, 2023↝

"Hey, you two!" A man said that was wearing a suit and pointing at us.

Yeji and I froze on the stop, our feet couldn't move, our bodies stiffened, our hearts dropping.

Are we really about to fail the mission this early?!

"You're the two that applied last night!" He said happily as he walked over to us and put an arm around my shoulder.

"Y-yeah..." I said, nervously as I looked at him and he smiled.

Yeji and I were visibly way more relaxed now. Having sighed heavily at the information of not being caught, we were ecstatic inside.

"The name's Daehyun. Daehyun Fuyu. Vice President of DISPATCH," He said happily as Yeji and I looked at him in surprise.

"What? Didn't expect the VP to be wandering around here? Haha!" Daehyun said as he laughed and both of us were laughing awkwardly.

"Mr. Daehyun, thank you so much for hiring us!" Yeji said as Daehyun nodded and smiled.

"No problem, I can't just waste such a talent when I saw both of your resumes," He said as Yeji and I smiled at him.

Without really anything to extend the conversation, Yeji and I start walking mindlessly.

Honestly speaking, we didn't exactly know where we're supposed to go...

The busy hallway, with a few people walking by us, some in a hurry, and some casually sipping on their mug.

The two of us were walking with Daehyun-ssi walking by my side.

We were walking for a couple of minutes before Daehyun spoke up.

"Tell me, you don't exactly know where to go now, do you?" Daehyun asked as Yeji and I scratch our napes and laugh awkwardly.

"Maybe..." Yeji said as Daehyun laughed.