CH 20: New Year

✧───────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────────✧「Last Time on "Unforgettable Bonds"」

「Last Time on "Unforgettable Bonds"」

"So what did you call me for?" I asked as they looked at Yeji.

"Yeji?" We all said.

"Mr. JYP, I have a question... More like a request," She said as JYP listened in.

"What is it? Don't be scared to share,"

"Can you announce to the public of me and YN's relationship?" Yeji said as she looked down in anticipation.

JYP's eyes widen as he looks at me.

"Uhm..."

✧───────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────────✧

「JYP POV」
↳December 26th, 2023↝
「1:00 PM」
─────────
ㄴThe Cafeㄱ

"Uhm..."

An idol wanting to go public with her relationship to a high-class CEO.

What could go wrong? A lot.

As much as I would very much like to support Yeji on her decision, a lot of things could arise from the moment I make my announcement live; social media outlets, haters, interviewers, an even more outraged media response, or even unhinged paparazzi.

From the moment I make her wish come true, the single most thing that she vows to keep alive could crash. Her career. She's spent years, time, blood, sweat, and tears for it. Only to fall for a wrong decision...

I must discuss this properly and professionally, this could mean the death of such a fruitful career of Yeji.

Jungwon looks around before propping himself off his chair, "I don't have much to do anymore, if you further need my services, don't hesitate to call me. I may leave you to your discussion,"

And with that, Jungwon leaves the cafe. Leaving the three of us, sitting in an unprecedented amount of sheer suspense on our table.

"Listen Yeji, I just want to confirm your wish. You do realize that if you give full consent to publish the announcement, a lot of things could spring from it?" I said.

Yeji looked on at me, with a somewhat blank stare. Her eyes linger on the table as she ponders to herself.

I looked over at YN, but he, himself, also seems to be in a state of wonder.

Besides, a real, official announcement from the company may or may not shadow over the earlier article from Dispatch.

But would the media accept YN as Yeji's partner instead of Yeonjun? Even I could not tell. Yeonjun's reputation to the public hugely differs from YN's reputation, although righteous and popular among those within the clique, what would happen when exposed to a more wider audience?