chapter 1: finished history

Natasha's pov:

I feel the cold air brush upon my bare shoulder. I slowly open my eyes and squint at the belting rays of sunshine. I switch my gaze towards the nearby alarm clock stating " 06:15 ". Oh how I hate mornings. I grunt and remove the cotton covers from my legs. I lose some warmth from my body as I don't have my bedsheets draped over me anymore.

Since Mum can't afford the heating bill, fluffy pyjamas will have to suffice.

If I'm being honest my life is pretty darn repetitive. Get up, School, Work, Sleep. I turn to grab my phone and put in my knock-off Airpods. Sometimes I wonder if they are even better than the real deal. I switch my apps till I find Spotify and turn on 'Les by Childish Gambino'.

It's one of my top five songs, for obvious reasons.

I depart from my warm bed and place my feet into warm, woolly slippers. I stroll my way over to the sink in the bathroom. Me and my Mum share a bathroom because our apartment is tiny. I wish things were different but the past is the past and I need to remind myself of that.

I begin rinsing my face repeatedly until I feel fully awake. I needed to this this or I would feel groggy all day. The water was probably from a sewage pipe due to our living crisis but my skin was clear currently so I guess it does the trick. Although, I do get a few spots here and there.

Darn do I hate school.

It was just an average filler to my very busy days. I am an A+ student but I needed to attend until I was 18. In the U.K, you're able to finish school at sixteen but my mafia mentor advised me to pace it out so I can posses a full education. Oh how I hate the British school system. If I'm being honest, my only motivation to participate in class is my friends.

Seb and Flynn.

I apply some old Tarte concealer I bought a while ago to cover up the dark circles under my eyes completely forgetting about my shoulder. I try to examine it closer but I wince as I attempt to touch it. It hasn't fully developed into a dark bruise yet, but there's only time to tell.

Oh boy, yesterday a long night.

I needed something to cover up the bruises on my arm. They now appear as a medium brown. Hopefully they don't turn blue like last time. That one hurt like hell, even the full-coverage concealer didn't do the job. I quickly shake off my thoughts and remind myself that I needed to hide this incoming bruise from Seb and Flynn.

They hate the fact that I get hurt by Mum.

I wander over to my dark, wooden closet and pick up a grey, stained, nike hoodie, a black puffer vest, black leggings, nike socks and Ugg shoes. I could only afford these items due to my job. If the cops weren't on my trail, I would've had the best style imaginable.

Trust me.