chapter 13: life of guilt

Xander's pov:

After Nat and her 'brother' leave the room there was silence for a few moments. Nobody said anything, nobody made a noise or sound. It was pitch quiet, until we heard a loud thud. It sounded like a door slamming shut.

Adrien then speaks up "Xander, make sure the door is open."

"Why do I have to go check? Why can't any of you do it?" I voice my opinion.

I didn't want to check on that fuckhead and her boyfriend. It was a waste of my time and energy.

"You are the youngest and you obey to me, young man." Vincent declares.

I knew that I couldn't get away with anything when it came down to him. He is always bossing me around, he thinks that he is so important. He thinks that he is the King of this dumb household. When in reality, he's not.

"Whatever.." I murmur as I get up from my seat reluctantly. I make my way up the stairs and as soon as I turn the corner I see that her bedroom door is closed. YES. Oh boy, she was in for a treat. I couldn't wait to see what wrath Vincent had planned out for her.

I make my way back downstairs but I was actually in a hurry. I couldn't wait to tell the others.

"The door is closed." I say with a smile plastered on my face.

All my brothers give each other a worried look. They all didn't like Flynn including me. One by one they all follow me upstairs towards Nat's room. They walked with a fast pace. I was only following them to see Nat's face when we all catch her. I also want to witness her punishment.

Oh this was going to be fun.

As we approach her room we hear faint whimpering. My brothers all share with each other concerned looks whilst I just couldn't wait for her punishment. I couldn't wait to see her finally suffer. After all these years, she was finally going to feel what I had felt. She got to have a mother all these years, I envied her. But this time I was going to get payback, finally.

But that didn't happen?

I put my palm on the door handle ready to open it when Adrien pulls my hands away. What was his deal? Why did he stop me?

I give him a 'what did you do that for?' look and he slides his back along the frame of her door. Weird? Vincent puts his ear up against the wood of her door while the rest of my brothers lay down near her room. Did they think what I think they were doing?

They were eavesdropping on her and Flynn.

Damn. I knew that they valued privacy but I didn't know that they went to this extent for Nat. Shortly after, my thoughts were suspended. When I heard tears. She was crying. Of course, she was a crybaby.

What did I expect?

Vincent's pov:

The moment I heard my princess cry, I officially lost it.

My little sister was in shambles. My baby, she was in tears. It was almost as if I could feel the tears drip down on my face. I wish I could just take away all her pain and she could be happy for ever, but I knew that it wasn't possible even if I tried.