chapter 23: former fun

Natasha's pov:

I hear Flynn downstairs.

That definitely will stir up some tension between my biological brothers and him. Although I'm not mentally able to go through that again. I need to stop worrying about the future even if it is just mere minutes away. Right now I'm taking a warm, steamy shower and currently it's the best thing that has happened to me today.

Maybe something better is to come later..

I gracefully yet hurriedly turn off the water and step out of the shower. The cold air hits my body and I shiver a little bit due to the instant change in temperature. I dry my hair and wrap a white heated towel around my body. I step into my fluffy pink sliders and I walk out into my walk-in wardrobe. There, I pick out a pair of red plaid pyjama bottoms and a graphic white cropped t-shirt.

I put my hair into a messy bun and tie back on my wrists all my bracelets that I have accumulated over the years

I put my hair into a messy bun and tie back on my wrists all my bracelets that I have accumulated over the years. There are many stories from each one and they all have a special place within my heart. I open the door and I see Flynn and Xavier both in my room. I could practically see the steam coming out of Xavier's ears whilst Flynn's forehead furrowed deeper than before. My eyes dart between the both of them.

Something was bound to go wrong if I don't do something about it.

Trust me I was happy that Flynn was here but I am quite confused on how he just showed up. I didn't invite him. Did someone else? Did something happen in the mafia? I was only gone for a few moments, surely nothing could've happened right? RIGHT? By the time I gather my chaotic thoughts together, both of their gazes are directly focused on me.

"You have a guest." Xavier grits through his teeth whilst his eyes remain on Flynn.

"Thanks Xavier." I make a small gesture for him to leave my room. "No funny business." He warns. "Yea whatever." Flynn replies passive aggressively. Xavier's eyes dart between mine and Flynn. He mouths to me "I trust you." I nod to him and he reluctantly leaves my room.

Took him long enough.

As soon as the door slams shut I immediately ask Flynn what he was doing here. "Your brother invited me." He replies nonchalantly. Huh? Is he mad at me? What did I do wrong now? "Which one?" I ask him whilst giving him the same energy. "The one from the pier." He answers me whilst looking at his phone.

Wait, what the actual fuck?

"Vincent asked you to come over?" I repeat back. "Yea that one." He dryly responds. What the hell? Vincent did this? It was a kind gesture from him, albeit, but it was an unregular one. Flynn is acting as if he was forced to be here. Strange. Flynn doesn't act like this unless something was bothering him. Or someone. I dismiss the idea and sit on my chair. I whip out my phone to check on the warehouse plan for next Saturday.