chapter 9: slow start

Natasha's pov:

"Actually.. I have to tell you something.." I begin.

"What is it? Go on.." Vincent asks impatiently. I swear none of my biological brothers have an ounce of patience.

"I forgot to mention but my friend flew over here to help me fit in and I was wondering if you have the address so I can text him it?" I say all in one breath.

Vincent pauses for a moment before answering "Yeah sure, I'll send it to you via text to your current phone. He could also stay for dinner too. But I need to have a little chat with him."

There better not be a catch to his unusual cheerfulness. But now I actually had permission. I was going to meet up with him anyways but I guess having him come over here won't be any worse. Oh yes it could.

"Yea sure, no problem. Thanks Vinny!" I say. I was truly grateful at his gesture.

I was ready to get up on my feet when Vincent asks yet another question "Don't you dare leave until I say you are dismissed young lady."

I huff out loud and gesture for him to continue. I was already fed up with this family, especially him. I should be able to leave whenever I want, not when he says I can.

"You still haven't answered my question from before, how did you actually obtain your bruises. I only want the truth and nothing but the truth Nat." He demanded.

I didn't want to argue as I have already used up all my anger. I also knew that lying to him was no point as he was going to find out one way or another. I decided to tell him the truth, what's the worst that could happen? I just need to keep my mafia bruises away and I'm sure I'll be grand. I also couldn't snitch on mom, so that was out of the picture.

I also thought about snitching on Xander, but what's the fun in that? I want them to do a little problem solving. :)

"I have a total of seven bruises, I have three on my legs, one on my shoulder, one on my stomach, one on my lower back and one on my neck. The ones on my legs are from a fight in school, I won by the way. The one on my shoulder and back are from someone, who I wont be saying. The last two are on my stomach and my neck, these one's are from one of your brothers." I say the last sentence in a sarcastic tone.

He takes a hot minute to process all of the new information before asking "Are you going to tell me who is someone?"

I then reply instantly "Not until I feel ready, not until I feel comfortable."

It was the honest truth.

He nods at me and then proceeds to ask again "Are you going to tell me which brother hurt you?"

I pause to think my answer through. "You all hurt me mentally, but I think you know deep down which 'brother' hurt me physically." I reply coldly.

His face turns to a shade of red. Weird. He doesn't answer back so I take this as my queue to leave. I stand up and he doesn't stop me. I walk towards the big brown door and walk through it not looking behind to see Vincent staring at my lower back bruise. I walk down the corridor and unfortunately I run into one of my six biological brothers.

Chase.

He hurriedly walks up to me, he looks worried? Something is fishy.

He then says in a serious tone "Nat, can we talk?"

I give him an assuring nod and he gestures me to follow him. We go downstairs, past the living room, turn the corner and down the hall until a big door came in front of my eyesight. He opened it and a huge training center appeared in my field of vision. It was humongous. This wasn't a gym, this was a full-on athletic facility.