chapter 17: eat up buttercup

Natasha's pov:

We laid on my bed chatting and cuddling for the next few hours until it's time for dinner. We start making our way down to the dining table where we met the others.

I sit in my usual spot and I noticed that Vincent, Adrien, Chase and Leo have returned from the office. Xavier was being polite and asked them "How was work?" Vincent looks up from his phone and replies "Couldn't have gone better." with a small crease forming in the corner of his mouth. Xavier and I share a look with each other.

Someone was in a happy mood this evening.

Leo then asks us "How was the shopping centre earlier?" Xander is the first one of us to speak. "Good." He responds nonchalantly whilst typing something on his phone without looking up. Chase then asks me "What about you Nat?" with a sincere smile. "Uh yea, it was good. I got everything I needed." I also happen to flash a smirk directed at Xavier, he returns the gesture.

Everyone looked at us differently but we didn't care.

The maids entered the room and laid out some delicious smelling Chinese food. It was dim sum. We each take our preferred portions from the serving dishes and place it on our own plates. I grab a few spring rolls and put them on my plate. I took around four rolls, which is more than enough for me. We didn't eat lunch earlier so I was sort of hungry, but not that much.

I take a bite of one and the delicious taste melts in my mouth.

It was truly scrumptious and I don't use that word often. I ate up the second one quickly and started to munch on the third one slowly. Everyone else at the table took around 10-15 rolls and gobbled them up hastily. Like jeez, did men really have to eat that much? Out of the bloom, Adrien asks me "Nat are you going to eat some more, or are you finished for the day?" I immediately reply back "Yea, I'm pretty stuffed from all the rolls I ate."

Vincent and him share a glance and Vincent announces "Nat, I have scheduled an appointment with out nutritionist for tomorrow."
I direct my gaze towards Vincent. "A nutritionist? What for?" He then shares a look with Chase and Adrien and then continues "I don't mean to be rude in any way but, the truth is Nat.. is that you are severely under weight." I look down at my lap instead at Vincent. Was that all they thought of my body?

Was I that unhealthy for them? This time, Vincent spoke up and ordered "Use your words Nat." sternly. Ugh. I despised that stupid rule and said "Alright." nonchalantly.

Although I owned the British mafia, I spent all the money towards the business itself, I didn't take it for myself. This lead to me not having such a big appetite. I didn't really see the problem here. Xavier could sense my concern, snapped me out of my thoughts and assured me "Nat.. It's for your own good, trust me. We want you to be physically and mentally okay. This is just a start to the journey and it will be over and done with before you know it."

I could tell that Xavier was just trying to make the situation seem better than it actually is.

I finally look up from my fingers he gives me an apologetic smile. I return back the gesture solemnly and then my resting face returns yet again. By the time this happened, everyone else at the table had finished their food and are watching us as if we are in a soap opera. It feels as if Xavier is the only one that I could possibly trust in that room.

It was as if that Xavier could sense that I was still unsure of the appointment and asked me in front of everyone "Want to talk about it?" He looked up at me hopefully. I could sense that he was eager to chat to me and I didn't want to disappoint him any further. "That would be nice, thanks  ." I reply back gratefully. I grab my plate whilst he grabs his and we step towards the sink in the big kitchen.