chapter 14: little sister

Adrien's pov:

Vincent pushes his thoughts to the side and open her door gently..

Snores.

We heard a male snore.

Vincent barges through her room and I quietly follow behind him. When we reach Nat's bed, we see her laying on top of Flynn and cuddled up. Her arms wrapped around his body and her legs intertwined with his.

What the actual hell.

She said that he was like a brother to her, not a boyfriend. But this didn't look like it. Why didn't she tell us the truth?

Vincent takes a minute to digest the scene in front of us and he grunts. Suddenly he storms out of her room and I do the same shortly after. I could feel a burn pulsing through my veins. It was rage.

I close her door gently and follow Vincent up to his room.

"Go to bed, Adrien. It's been a long day." Vincent demands.

"Are we not going to talk about what we just witnessed?" I question back.

I wanted to know what we were going to do with Flynn, that fucker.

"We will discuss him later, now get some rest for tomorrow." Vincent orders me again.

I didn't want to question my elder brother any further so I leave it at that and make my way up towards my room. Once I get there, I slam the door shut and take off my shirt. I don't know why but I always got so sweaty when I slept with a shirt on. I could sleep better without it on and that's what I did.

I check the clock laying on top of my night stand and it reads 23:00.

It was technically early but I knew that I needed rest for tomorrow. We had important information about the British mafia and we were meeting some of our spies tomorrow. We were going to make a plan to eliminate them once for all. All our hard work would have finally paid off.

By the time I know it, my eyes shut and I had fallen asleep.

Time Passes:

I wake up to the sounds of ringing.

I open my eyes and turn to the left, it was my darn alarm clock. I tap the top of it to shut it up and my ears were finally not bleeding again. It was so peaceful, so damn nice.

I grab my shirt that was hanging on my other bedside table and I put it on before heading to my bathroom. In there, I brush my teeth, wash my face and brush my dark, fluffy hair with a comb.

I grab my phone and slide it into my trouser's left pocket. I begin to make my way downstairs and to the breakfast bar, oh boy I was late for breakfast.

Whoops.

As soon as I reach the room my eyes search deliberately for Nat, but she was nowhere to be seen. Xander wasn't there either but after yesterday, I didn't really care for him anymore. What he did was so low I don't even know if I consider him as family anymore. It was horrible. I push my negative thoughts away and I quickly take my seat and wait for the food to arrive. Helena and Lina the two maids, bring in plates full of delicious blueberry pancakes.