chapter 36: deal breaker

Natasha's pov:

I try to turn to my side when I bump into a heavy object. My brows furrow and I drag my leg over the foreign object. I feel something, I feel the object moving up and down. ITS MOVING. My eyes jolt open to find myself still in my room, in my bed. Huh? In my room? How did I get here?

The last that I remember, I was on the balcony, sitting with..

My eyes dart towards the person beside me. Xavier. He's sleeping like a baby, adorable. He must've noticed that I had dozed off and probably brought me to bed. I don't want to wake him up so I sneakily slip out of the covers and go towards the bathroom to freshen up.

A peaceful Thursday morning.

I wash my face and hop into the bathroom. I take a brisk and speedy shower and then I go to my walk in closet. I grab a sporty sage green athletic set and my white runners.

 I grab a sporty sage green athletic set and my white runners

I grab my airpods and leave my room with Xavier in it. He's such a sleepyhead. I walk outside and make my way towards the back garden. I go onto Spotify on my phone and play 'Sex, Drugs, Ect.' by Beach Weather. It's such a good tune for morning jogs. It really gets you into the mood.

It's nostalgic for me.

It's one of the first songs that made its way onto my playlist. It's been there for me during my highs and lows. God, I love music. The weather is perfect and sunny as always. I stretch my legs and begin my run. I feel the breeze push against my bare skin. Its coldness soothes my skin.

Calming.

I sigh in satisfaction, it's such a good feeling. I can feel my heart rate going up which is a good sign. I quicken up the pace hoping to test my stamina. I also have to work on my endurance but that's for another day. In Brazil, there's no school on Thursdays. Last week, the twins helped me shop for school.

What's gonna happen today? I ponder.

On my run, I spot a gorgeous bush full on hydrangeas. My favourite flower. Most people think that I don't actually have a favourite flower, they couldn't be more wrong. Hydrangeas are my favourite due to their colour and glow. It's as if that they have their own aura. They're so gorgeous I could stare at them for hours.

Some would say, magical.

I stop briefly to admire their beauty and then continue my run. I keep on smiling to myself at the memory of hydrangeas back in the U.K.

Flashback

It was my birthday, September 20th. I was celebrating my 12th birthday with Seb and Flynn. We were in a park sitting on a picnic blanket on the grass. I watch the breeze blow the grass in different directions as the trees turn into an auburn orange. Autumn was here.