chapter 11: chit chat

Leo's pov:

"Let's just get this over with." Flynn puffs out.

This man was surely brave. I could tell that he pushed some of Chase's buttons while he was at it.

"Let's get the base rules done and dusted with smartass, the door stays open, if you fucking break her heart I'll be the one with a knife down your neck and especially no funny business. Got it?" Chase demands.

"Pfttt I should be the ones telling you this, and for starters, she's not my girlfriend." Flynn remarks slyly.

Who did this boy think he was? He was cocky for sure.

"And why would that be? You're not even related dipshit." Xavier snarled back.

Xavier phrased my thoughts correctly. Family means everything here. Flynn wasn't and isn't family to Nat, we are.

Flynn then answers "First things first, I'm her fucking brother. I was there for her when you guys failed to do that. I was there when she needed someone, I was there when you all weren't. I didn't even see you lads trying to make contact with her. You guys left her all alone with a stupid cunt of a mother. Tash had to get a job to afford to live and take care of your mum. Tash did all of that by herself, none of you stupid, selfish assholes helped. I don't know how on earth you guys call yourself a family, because in Tash's and my eyes you all are pure strangers. Tash, Seb and I are a family, we look out for each other we care for each other and most importantly we NEVER leave each other. If Tash leaves and travels to another country, we go with her. Just because you dimwits share some DNA and blood doesn't make you a family."

After that tremendously long speech Chase, Xavier and I share yet again another look. But this time, the look we shared was of pure guilt. Each of us knew deep down that every ounce of Flynn's speech was correct. We knew it was true and we live to regret it every waking moment.

We knew that we would never get that time back and that we had to accept the fact that Nat has changed. But we so desperately wanted to make it back to her, we had the opportunity to be there for her now and we wanted to take it.

Flynn gives us a few minutes to process everything that he had said and begins again "She doesn't feel safe around you all, get over it."

More and more thoughts roamed around my mind. What does he mean she doesn't feel safe? I could get Chase to teach her more self defense? Does she feel uncomfortable? Out of the bloom a buzz comes from my back pocket, this stops my thought process. This was my personal phone. Who could it be? What did they want?

It was Nat.

I unlocked my phone to answer her message. I couldn't dare leave my little sister on delivered.

Nat: Leo

Nat: Leo!

Leo: Yes Tash?

Nat: Don't call me that. Bring Flynn upstairs now.

Leo: Will do princess.

Nat: Don't fucking call me that again.

Leo: If Flynn can, why can't I?

Nat: Flynn is my brother you aren't.

Leo: Whatever, I'll send him up with Xavier now.