chapter 28: mr. mysterious

Natasha's pov:

Flynn and I signalled how he was going to spend his break with his new friend whilst I was going to spend mine with Harper.

Just my cup of tea.

Harper leads me out of the class room and walks me around the compounds. I check my wrist after around a good few minutes because I was suspicious of time. My watch stated 11:10. We've already spent 20 minutes when break was only meant to be 15. "I'm gonna be late for business." I complain as he drags me through the football fields. "Too bad Ms.Perfect, you're stuck with me." I roll my eyes at his cheesy response. "Although, it's a good thing you're the new girl." He assures.

"What do you mean by that Mr.Mysterious?" I ask inquisitively.

"Since you're new, you can just tell them that you got lost or something." He answers with a subtle but noticeable wink. I hit him playfully on the shoulder. "You don't like school that much do you?" I ask him while we walk past the basketball court. He replies honestly with his hands in his pockets "I didn't, but things have changed."

"Oh really? Like what?" I urge slyly. "Doesn't matter Ms.Perfect." He smiles to himself. I look at him weirdly before continuing the tour. He shows me things like the huge library, to the massive Olympic sized swimming pool. This school truly was gigantic and I ain't complaining.

It was magical, almost too good to be true.

I check my wrist which states 11:25am. Although I know that Vincent wouldn't approve of me skipping class, I don't really give two flying fucks about what he thinks. Even though the academic validation urge is there, I ignore it. We find our way back onto the football fields and surprisingly, we find a spare football.

Ooh, this was going to be fun.

Harper jogs straight towards the football to retrieve it. I saw all his lean muscles in action. His thick arms swerve in a repetitive motions whilst his 6'1ft frame towers over mine. We take turns kicking the ball into the goal. I cant lie, it was pretty fun. He even gets so mad when I make fun of him. He misses a goal and I take this as the perfect time to annoy him.

"Do you even know how to play football?" I ask him whilst rolling my eyes.

He childishly replies mocking me "Do you even know how to play football?" He's so immature it's hilarious. "Real mature of you." I laugh alongside him. If I'm being honest, he's not actually that bad to be around. He grins at my jokes and when his pearly whites are on display my heart does this odd thing.

It weirdly makes something in my stomach shift too, something I never felt before.

I dismiss the strange feeling and finish the tour with Harper. We wrap it up just before fourth period and we split up. My fourth class was geography and that went by in the blink of an eye whilst his was music. Thankfully, Flynn was in my class so we sat together. After the bell rang Flynn and I make our way down to the cafeteria. It was a massive area.

When I mean massive, I mean massive.

As soon as you enter through the double doors, to the left you'll spot the line for food, whilst on the right side are all the tables and chairs. I wasn't really that hungry and neither was Flynn so we just made our way towards a spare table in the middle. Flynn and I sit down and we chit chat about our first day.