chapter 42: fist to face

Natasha's pov:

I spot my locker in the distance, but there's two people leaning on it.

As we walk closer to my locker, their figures become more familiar each step. They're both, 6ft ish, both have dark brown hair, and then Nico and I get close enough to recognise them.

It's the twins, and they DON'T look happy.

"I wouldn't blame you if you turned around and left right now." I quietly tell Nico. "I'm not scared of them, don't worry Ms.Perfect." He bravely assured me. Xavier's eyes reach mine and he looks pissed, and I mean pissed. Xander too notices our presence as we walk up to my locker.

"We're so utterly fucked." I murmur to Nico.

He smirks at my worries. The twins lean off my locker and make their way towards us. "Harper." Xander establishes in fury. "Morales." Nico declares with his head held high. "Harper." Xavier greets him with anger laced within his iris. "Morales." Nico repeats again but to Xavier this time. He then turns to me.

"Clark." He says with a mischievous grin.

Ohhh, I know what he's doing. He used 'Clark' as my last name instead of 'Morales' to piss off my brothers. He's a smart kid when he wants to be. I watch Xander's jaw clench and unclench as he says my surname. "Harper." I respond back to him with a soft smirk.

He grins at me and turns back to face the twins.

"Let me explain, before anything gets out of hand." I hastily but in. All their eyes are now solely fixated on me. "We were doing La bise in French then Nico and I accidentallyhadasemi-kiss (accidentally had a semi-kiss). BUT, it was okay because it was a complete misunderstanding with his right and my right and that's about it." I say all within one breath.

I also add a little smile in there to lighten up the tension.

The twins then direct their attention towards a silent Nico. "What she said." He grins and points towards me. He protectively wraps his hand around my waist. We both glance at the twins but they're staring at Nico's hand around my waist. Xander watches Nico's hand and suddenly slams him against my locker. Xander's arm is pushing Nico's neck against my locker.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

How did this escalate this fast? I watch in horror as Xander punches Nico in the face with his spare hand. Nico smiles at his attempt and Xavier tries to pull Xander off of Nico. Key word, tried. "Is that the best that you can do Morales?" Nico triggers Xander.

"Xander stop! You're hurting him!" I shout trying to get Xander to stop.

By the time Nico swings back, a crowd has already gathered around us. They're constantly hitting each other and everyone's just watching. It got worse when Nico's friends and Xander's friends started to yell at each other and they wanted to get involved with the scrap too. "Xander get off, he's not worth it." Xavier tries to persuade him to stop.

Spoiler alert, it doesn't work.

Instead, it only motivates Xander more. He hits Nico's nose and Nico groans in pain. Nico stumbles back and whacks the back of his head against a locker. "XANDER STOP YOUR'E HURTING HIM!" I yell. Xavier holds me back from involving myself. Nico swings back at Xander and strikes his temple. "Fuck you Harper." Xander groans and clutches his head. "Don't touch me Morales." Nico adds and walks towards me.