chapter 45: familiar faces

Natasha's pov:

I feel a gentle tap on my shoulder, then a little shake. My eyes flutter open and the sun beams into my cornea. I squint at the brightness whilst a warm hand rubs my back. I move my head from resting on the seatbelt to looking out the window. "We're here irmã bonita." Chase gently rubs me awake. I yawn and stretch my arms. I slept in the car?

"Looks like the sleepyhead is finally awake." Xander folds his arms and chuckles.

I playfully swat his arm. "It was just a little power nap." I defend myself. He smiles at my response. "You slept for two hours love." Xavier mentions. "2 HOURS?" I question in disbelief. My lips apart in shock. "You slept like a baby." Xander smirks at the thought. I subtly smile at his remark and roll my eyes.

"Attitude young lady." Chase calls out.

My gaze flicks to outside the window. We were parked outside a MEGA MANSION? Mega was an understatement. I spot multiple security guards roaming the grounds. Different plants of all shapes and sizes surround the property with flowers blooming left right and centre. I even manage to spot hydrangeas, my favourite flowers.

Wait a damn minute, where am I?

"Where are we?" I curiously ask Chase whose hand rests on the steering wheel. "Our cousin's place." He grins and begins to unbuckle his seatbelt. "We have cousins?" I question shocked to my core. The car goes dead silent. "You don't remember, do you?" Xavier rhetorically asks.

I shake my head negatively.

A pitiful look appears across their faces. "Don't worry." Chase assures and places a hand on my shoulder. "They were all dying to meet you again after they got wind of the news of your arrival." He explains. "They? As in plural?" I question for clarification. "They as in plural." Chase elucidates.

I nod to show my understanding.

"Let's get a move on I wanna see Aunty Anne again." Xander complains. "We have an Aunt?" I ask astoundingly. "The best Aunt in the world." Xavier establishes. We all get out of the car and Chase makes his way towards the main entrance of the house. He nods towards the two security guards out front and they bring out an interesting machine.

Huh what could this be.

Chase bends down and the machine scans his retina. Ooh! Leo had the same device at the entrance to his lab. An iris canner! I get excited as a red laser carefully examines Chase's eye. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot Xavier admiring me with awe. I watch the laser disappear back into the contraption and the gigantic wooden doors open.

They creak out loud until they reach a halt.

My mouth drops open as I watch the automatic doors open themselves. If I thought that our house was cool, this house WAY COOLER. The interior is modern even though the exterior is built like a french chateau. "Tia! Ela está em casa!m(Aunty! She's home!)" Chase shouts into the endless corridor.

I hear footsteps make their way closer towards me.

On my left hand side, I spot a short tan woman reveal herself. Her dark curls mixed with her faint wrinkles make me think that this is the infamous Aunty Anne. She spots me and scurries towards me, as fast as her little legs can take her. The sound of her sandals clack against the cold marble floor.