The Prodigy.

5001

5000. 56

5000.1

" Come on dammit! Yes! Come on!"

4999.8

" Yes! Sold!"

Closing off my position. I lean back on the dusty wall to breathe.

My phone blinks with a notification and a smile morphs on my lips seeing the message.

06 the October 9:20 trade settled with a net profit of
8,56,879.

Technically speaking I have earned this profit in just 5 minutes. But logically, I have spent 15 years of my life reaching this level of perfection.

I was barely 12 years old when I did my first trade while sitting in my grandfathers lap. Suffering a loss of 2000 rs at that time.

And look at me now.

Grandpa is really proud of me.

Switching off my phone I get up to tie a cloth on my head. It's time to clean this hellhole.

5 hours later I was laying on the floor, sprawled like a kid on snow. My eyes stay fixated on the spider web on the ceiling that I couldn't reach.

My lungs were protesting and clothes drenched.

I don't think I can move.

Each and every limb of my body ached like I ran a marathon.

Water. I needed some water.

Looking around I spotted the tap. Crawling towards it in the corner, I turn it to place my face under it.

Yes! Finally some respite from heat.

To get nothing.

What the hell?

Barely two droplets of water dropped on my cheek and I hit the stupid tap with my palms.

Stupid tap!Dammit! Why are you even here if you don't have water!

Crawling back to my old space I drop back to close my eyes. Did I really make a mistake coming here?No.  To understand the darkness I have to learn to live in it.

And with this thought I don't remember when I drift into another slumber.
.
.
.
.
" Is she sleeping?"

" Of course stupid. "

" I thought maybe she fainted."

" Has she eaten something?"

"I don't see any empty plates around here. "

" Should we wake her up?"

I blink open my eyes to find 3 huge shadows surrounding me. Ajuni, Avik and Jay were starting at me like they haven't seen me before. 

Faking a smile. I blink my eyes open.

" Good morning kids! You guys are shining bright tonight. "

" But you aren't"

They look at me from top to bottom and I curse in my mind. Shit. I am sure I am stinking. Dirt and muddy blotches covered me all over and my hair resembled a birds nest.

Pressing my palms on the floor I try to get up when a sharp pain shoots in my back.

Not this now! Aghh!

" Careful di!"

Jay rushes to support me, looking at me in worry and I press my palms on his head.

Hiding my pain.