The Prodigy

" H....i"

I stutter, biting on my lip and the look on his face only darkens.

" Did you follow me here?"

" Well technically I did. But-"

" What the hell is wrong with you! Do you have some screws loose or what! What part of stay away from me and my family do you not understand!"

Woah he was really mad. What better could I expect .

Taking a deep breath. I softly smile at him and make a feeble attempt to calm him.

" See don't be mad. Calm down. I was just eager to know about those wounds on your back and I knew you wouldn't talk about it, because you know your ego is the size of an iceberg. So I thought why not follow you. "

" But on a serious note Veer, this place, this thing you are doing is very dangerous.  Do you realise the kids are dependent on you? What if someone is to happen to you-"

" Nothing is going to happen to me. "

He seethes moving back from me a tiny bit. The look of irritation stay plastered on his face as he sneaks his hand into his pocket.

" Dammit. "

He roars under his breath when his eyes veered back to me. Opening his palms he asks me for something.

I blink.

What could I give him?

Is this that game people play? But he doesn't look like the man who plays games.

Finding nothing else to give him I softly place my hand into his. Skeptically.

And I hear my heart thud in my ears. Gosh. His hands are so calloused and huge. Yet so warm. A complete contrast to my wee freezing ones.

What is this feeling?

Fluttering butterflies rattle against my chest, when suddenly their wings get butchered by his cold voice. My eyes snap up and I burn red in embarrassment.

" I know you are desperate. But I am asking you for your phone stupid . "

Fuc*!

Dammit!

Oh God!

My fingers retreat like they have touched a live wire and I gulp. Seeing a trace of dislike morphing on his features.

" Oh sorry. I just. "

" Your phone"

He taps his foot in impatience. His eyes busy looking at the alley from which we came. I guess he had another match to fight for the night.

" I...left it in a hurry. "

Those eagle eyes settle back on me and the dislike got multiplied by ten times.

" What? Gosh, you can't be any more foolish. What sins did I do to be caught with your mess."

" I have had girls approach me before. But they at least have some dignity with them. You are just so... "

" Brazen"

He whispers the last word under his breath but I heard him. And it felt like a punch got rooted into my gut and my eyes immediately dropped down.

He is right. What am I doing? In name of helping him, I am putting my dignity on sale.

If he doesn't want help, why am I so desperate to offer it to him.

Running his fingers through his rough locks and then rubbing his jaw. He looked at me like I am a rat in his kitchen he is so eager to poison and dispose off.