The Prodigy

A grunt leaves my lips and it  felt like someone placed a ton of weight on my head. My eyes felt too heavy and I struggled to open them.

Distant voices become audible.

" I can't believe this. "

" Neither can I, man."

" Let me get more beers! "

Fluttering my eyes open, I was able to form a blurred vision. It was dark here and I was laying on something cold.

Probably the tiled floor.

My ankles were restrained by a nylon rope and my arms were tied behind my back in a bruising grip. Wriggling, I try to inhale a deep breath when I find my mouth gagged by a rough cloth which stunned like engine oil.

Dammit!

Trying to control my racing heart, I blink away the haziness to finally look in front.

There was a table and 4 men sat around it.

I recognised 3 of them to be the same guys, while the fourth ones face was blacked by the bottles.

Beer cans, chips and chicken laid on the table. And the men were feeding on it, looking rather too excited about something.

I am surprised they haven't even realised that I was awake.

They must be too elated, for a reason even I am trying to figure out.

" Here! That's all we have in stock. Hope you like it. "

Another guy joins placing a crate of bottles on the table. And slumps down on his seat.

" By the way, do you offer some coaching lessons? I have to learn that upper hook you used to knock out that man the other day. "

The one with the scar says and I see the fourth guy replying in a cold monotonous voice.

" Very soon I will give you a live demonstration of it. "

That voice? Why does it sound so familiar.

" Really? Man you are the best. "

And that's when I see fingers wrapping around the bottle, blocking my view of the fourth person. He picks up the bottle and my heart stopped.

What the fuc*!

Veer's familiar brown orbs stared at me in boredom as he takes a swig from the beer in his hands.

And I blink in disbelief.

With legs wide apart, back leaned and head laid back casually. He was looking down at me , tied and bound without any trace of emotion on his face.

" I am seriously a big fan. It's an honour to have you here today. "

" I always bet on you best! And every fuc*ing time I have won!"

The three men who kidnapped me were busy worshipping him like he is some god. And he sits there like a king, his eyes fixated on me as he takes another swig from the bottle in his fingers.

" Whose that?"

He tilts his has to ask the men and my stomach revolts. Is he with them? Was he not here to save me? What the hell is he doing?

The four head snaps around to look at me and my knees automatically press to my chest.

Their stares.

I hated it.

It made me feel exposed and sick.

" Some bitches just can't mind their own business, bhai. Consider her as one of them. "