The Beast

" And the beast is down! The countdown is beginning. What do you think? Will he get up?"

" Beast!"

" Beast!"

" Beast!"

"10"

"9"

"8"

I love blood.

Not the colour, rather it's taste.

Metalic, salt yet sweet.

What a fuc*ing irony. Just like our life. Isn't it?

" The beast has never lost a match in his history! Is the history going to be rewritten today? Has this King of the ring changed? Do we have a new lion in our jungle?"

" 7"

"6"

"5"

Running my tongue on the dried blood in the corner of my lip. I taste the flavours. Cracking my neck to hear a loud click.

Well. Let's let the real fun begin.

Now that I have tasted my magic potion.

" Beast!"

" Beast!"

" Beas-"

The cheering mums to a deadly silence as I slam my fist on the floor. And I won't lie. It felt like an earthquake rose from it's core.

My red eyes shoot up to look at my opponent and a sinister smile morphs on my lips.

The kid was celebrating too soon.

Opening my fists I shoot out two fingers and raise my body on them. Doing a push up on two fingers with my words hanging in the air.

"4"

"3"

"2"

Pulling myself up effortlessly I get up to look at the boy trembling in front of me. Lion huh? What a joke? He can't even pass as a sheep.

His eyes trail my body in horror. Not even an inch of my skin was not covered in blood. And he steps back, staggering.

" H.. How?"

He asks. Thinking he was the one attacking me earlier. If only he knew I was letting him.

What he thought was a match, was my warm up.

His end, was my beginning.

And now it's time I end this. Someone is waiting for me tonight.

Enjoying the feeling of numbness in my body, I start walking towards him. His eyes widen in fear with my every step.

" Aim for a lower jab Beast. 45 degrees to his lower-"

Ali's voice pierced through my ear drum and I pull out the irritating earpiece from my ear and crush it under my feet.

I never understood maths.

Numbers don't love me.

I like it raw and direct. Without any complications.

" 1"

I whisper to my opponent, reaching him and with one direct blow to his temple, he is knocked out.

Hence proved.

The crowd goes crazy. Shouting my name and I turn around to look at the speaker.Mr Kumar huh? A new face.
He gulps, not able to meet my eyes and I declare.