The Beast

Since a very young age I was often referred to as too mature for my age. When the guys in my class  were too eager to explore  the word sexual maturity. Sleeping with every girl that showed a little interest in them.

I was busy ignoring the opposite gender like the plague. 

They were a distraction to my life goals at the moment.

An aeronautic engineer.

That's what I wanted to become. To see beyond what anyone has ever seen. To explore the unknown.

The only hole I wanted to explore was the dark hole, and the only globe I was ever interested in was our dearest planet Earth.

But just like a castle on the sand gets washed away by a wave.

My dreams got shattered by the biggest wave called mathematics.

I sucked at the subject to the extent that even cheating couldn't pass me.

I was never good with numbers.

Careers shifted, life priorities varied but the crazy fan following of woman never changed. If anything it only got multiplied when the hormone called testosterone decided to make a grand entrance.

My frame was always bulky, but soon the little fat turned into muscles and I stood out almost wherever I went.

My 6'3 height didn't help it either.

My sharp features were a replica of my mothers and my soft brown hair a gene from my father.

A heartthrob. 

Is what they called in the first year of my college. With a line of woman proposing me with red roses on the valentines.

I tried to be as polite with my rejections as I could.

I didn't want to hurt them, after all they gathered enough courage to propose to me.

But they never really understood it.

Rude, heartless, ice king, Mr Cold.

There were the names they honoured me with afterwards. When my rejection was supposed to stop them from seeking interest in me, it worked to the complete contrary.

I didn't realize when I became a challenge.

Every girl wanted to be the one to change me.

Like what the fuc*? I didn't want to change. They didn't even know me?

I wanted to gather them and give them a lecture on basic common sense. But I avoided it. I couldn't change my career to community service you know.

The pattern became so prominent that I actually became all that they called me.

Cold.

I didn't care if I hurt them , I wanted to be left alone.

Heartless.

I didn't care if I broke their hearts, did I ask them to offer it to me?

Rude.

It was my life. And I believe it's better to be rude and reject someone , than give them false hope and play with them.

I was doing it for their betterment, but they never really understand.

Just like this stupid girl laying on the filthy floor which hasn't seen the face of a mope in year's.

Her forehead was covered in creases and eyes tight shut. Her delicate hands that I am sure haven't worked a day in her life, we're folded and clapped under her cheek like a pillow.