The Beast

The Onyx club
8:45 pm

Music drummed in my ears as neon lights spattered around the place. Bodies were packed together, pressing against each other and I lean against the wall in a dark corner with a glass of beer in my hands.

Staring.

Analysing.

Judging.

This place is fucked up. One of the top elite clubs in the city. I can sniff not just money. But all the illegal shit everyone is seeming to enjoy here.

Youth.

I scoff. A fucked up age where everyone wants to explore. To cross over the red line and enjoy this euphoria once. However what they forget is that these addictions are too good and their minds too weak to pull back.

They end up destroying themselves in the end.

With no one to blame except themselves.

This isn't the place for me. I can't even afford this glass in my hand. But I have to be here. I must be here.

" Sir, this ones for you."

The waiter offers me a flute and I raise a brow at him.

" Who sent it?"

He points to a woman sitting amongst the elite and my fist clench. She was beautiful, wearing a red slit dress that barely covered her assets. Lifting her glass of champagne, she winks at me and I sigh.

Don't be rude. Don't mess up. This is not what you are here for Veer.

" Not interested."

Ignoring her and the waiter, I pull out my phone from my pocket. Busy scrolling. Another minute later the waiter again returns and I see him offering me a different drink this time.

I open my mouth to deny when the waiter looks at me pleading.

" Sir please, she is one of the owners here. She will cut my pay if you..."

The fear in his eyes was evident. And I look back at the woman again. I find all her friends staring at me. I bet it's a dare. This was a game for them.

I take the flute, keeping the woman's stare and a smirk of victory forms on her lips. Her friends cheer for her.

To soon bitches.

She prepares to get up. When I upturn the glass in the flower pot beside and their entire table freezes. Her eyes widen to the size of saucers, mouth gaps open and I adjust my shirt sleeve to get up. Leaving the empty glass on the table.

Foreign bodies touch me as I make my way through the crowd and my fists clench everytime.

I am territorial. I hate invasion. But then we don't want a bloodshed here. I have to control myself.

My phone finally pings in my pocket and I take it out. Fucking finally.

Unknown:Where are you?

I scan around to place to find everyone pre occupied. My fingers type the reply.

Veer: Where you asked.

There is silence for the next few seconds and I feel a lingering gaze on the back of my head. He is watching me. Turning around I look up and there he was. Staring down at me from the VIP section. A cigarettes rests between his lips and two men in black stand behind him.

Ping.

Come upstairs.

Of course. I turn around to walk up the stairs when suddenly a body slams against mine and I feel something wet dripping down my shirt. I have had enough of this bulshit!