The Prodigy

" Do you know what's the issue with people having special abilities?

We spend too much of our energy on one aspect to drain it from everywhere else in their life.

And I fear he is becoming that aspect."

....

Deadly silence stretches between us and I curse myself in my mind for making it sound like this.

What was I thinking using the word strip?

Damn. It sounded so wrong, but it already left my lips.

My eyes drop down in embarrassment, but what happened next had my heart race like a super rocket.

He starts stripping his shirt and I find him dropping it near my feet.

Shit!

Shit!

He steps closer. His scent envelopes me and I hold my breath when he presses his palms on either side of the wall and leans in.

Damn those abs!

They were just few centimeters away from me.

What is he doing?

"What next? You want me to kiss these lips which are always blabbering some shit?"

Gulping I look up and I find his face inches away from me. He was staring at my lips.

Those Eagle eyes look at me with that perennially plastered cold look.

" Y-you are hurt"

He raises his one brow and I find it super sexy. I have tried doing it but I fail miserably.

" I... can help."

I stuttered pathetically and I wanted to bang my head on the wall behind me. When it comes to him, I don't know why my brain and body behave like mortal enemies.

" Is that so?"

" Y- yes. You got hurt because of me. Let me help you. Please."

I add the Golden word and I see his eyes soften for a second. Letting out a deep sigh, he steps back from me and tugs his hands back into his pockets, to cocks his neck to a side.

" After you."

What? He seriously agreed?

" Ju- just a second!"

I rush to the kitchen, to search for the medical kit. Pulling open the top cubboard, I find it resting on the the top.

Dammit!

I search around for some stool, but there was nothing. Running my fingers through my hair, I give him a soft nervous smile.

" Hold on"

He watched my struggle, doing nothing to help. Not that I expected him to. Leaning on the kitchen counter, he had grabbed an apple and was chomping on it.

Gulping. I press my knee on the marble counter and get on top of it.

Finally!

Closing the cubboard I turn around to get down. My naked feet touch the cold floor and I shiver.

" This way"

I lead him to the drawing room and I see him settling down on the sofa. He turns his back on me and I hold in a gasp.

My hands holding the medical kit shiver.

There was too much blood.

From where do I even start?