The Prodigy

My heart thuds rapidly in my chest. Resembling a butterfly flapping its wings to hit the hollow of my chest.

Lub. Dub. Lub. Dub.

"So let the fight begin in 3...2.....1!"

Death smirks to show his crooked tooth. While Veer looked unfazed. He had a passive look on his face like he wanted this to just get over with.

And I don't know why I felt concerned for him.

The so called death is double his size. Has more muscles. He can easily hurt him with the flick of his finger.

Does he have a death wish?

But my belief shattered into pieces when Veer dodged Death's punch by slightly aligning his body back. I gawked with my mouth wide open.

Punch

Duck

Punch

Swerve

Punch

Block

Death was brutal. His each punch backed by the force of a thousand lbs. But Veer had a deadly super power of 2 S's. Stealth and speed.

Veer's hands were still relaxing  in his lower pocket. He didn't bother to even attack and Death was already sweating like a pig. His hulk frame heaving.

The fight progresses. 5 minutes pass and Death wasn't even able to touch even an inch of Veer's hair.
He was growing impatient.

I see him cursing Veer, instigating him to attack. But the beast's face stays deadpan.

Unfazed.

" Come on you wimp. Do you think you are going to win like this?"

" Hit me fuc*er!"

Another attack and again missed. Shit! What is this man? I was so lost in gawking at him that I didn't realize when a a hand snaked up to wrap around my forearm in a deadly grip.

" Found you, swindler!"

My body enters into a temporary state of shock as I see a huge shadow hovering over me. No. God.No. Please. It was the same guard at the door.

Fear hits my insides as I feel him roughly dragging me out of the crowd, like an unwanted good to be jettisoned out of a ship.

I try to pry my arm out of his grip, to no avail. It was ironclad. And I could already feel my blood flow blocking and a bruise forming.

" Let me go!"

I scream at him thrashing. Kicking him to only find another guard joining in.

" Is this that rascal?"

My body goes stiff when I feel foreign hands ascending to grip my thighs.

" Yes. Help me throw him out, man. He has caused me enough trouble already. "

" Not before I teach him a lesson. "

My body convulses in fear. I started hitting whatever came in my vicinity. And then it happened.

A sharp pain roots into my abdomen and I shatter. My stomach churns as I slouch over to stumble and fall.

Shit! He just punched me.

I couldn't breathe.

For a second my vision turned blurry and all I could see were shoes surrounding me.

" Beast! Beast!"

The crowds' cheers were growing distant. On and off. I wrap my arms around my stomach out of instinct. Trying to breathe. But before I could fill even a single breath into my lungs.