[𝐓𝐖𝐎]

𝐈 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 to the sun shining across my face as I roll over onto my side – which is a big mistake – as it causes me to unceremoniously fall off my bed with a thud.

I groan as I untangle myself from my blankets before standing up and brushing myself off.

After I regained consciousness yesterday, Deucalion and Kali questioned me on how the boy escaped. I told them he got out of his chains and knocked me out which is technically the truth so they didn't detect any blips in my heartbeat. Satisfied with my answer, they sent me to sleep early.

I grab my backpack which I've already filled with the required books and stationary before walking over to my closet and pulling out an outfit to wear today. 

Once I'm dressed, I quickly run a comb through my hair and brush my teeth in the small ensuite connected to my room.

    "Wren are you ready?" Aidan yells at me through the door, unnecessarily loudly. Walking over to the door, I throw it open.

    "What took you so long?" Aidan questions with an unimpressed huff.

    "Well I'm sorry but unlike you I actually make an effort to wear nice things," I retort, eyeing his worn leather jacket. Aidan rolls his eyes.

    "Since when?" He questions sarcastically. I simply narrow my eyes at him before grabbing my bag and shoving past him to where Ethan is waiting for me on his motorbike.

~~~

I take a deep breath and smoothen out my plaid skater skirt for the one-hundredth time. 

    "Why are you so nervous? It's just school," Ethan says as he watches my fidgeting.

    "I've been home-schooled my whole life and have only seen what schools are like through movies. What if it's completely different in real life?" 

    "Oh trust me, it's completely different in real life…" Aidan is cut off as Ethan elbows him in his side.

    "Don't worry, you'll be fine," Ethan says right as the bell rings, signalling that we have to get to class.

    "We'll see you at lunch," Ethan calls as he and Aidan walk inside the building. I take another deep breath.

Well, here I go.

Without further ado, I push open the door and walk into the bustling hall.

Now, where would the administration office be? Surely it should be somewhere easy to find?

Apparently not. I search around the building about three times without coming across any sign of a head office. 

    "Do you need help? You look lost." I turn around to see a pretty girl with long, dark brown hair wearing a black skater dress that is cinched at the waist with a leather belt.

    "Uh, yeah. Do you know where the administration office is?" I ask her. She nods.

    "Follow me." I follow her down the hall and through a door which leads to another hallway before we finally stop in front of the office.

    "Thank you," I say with a small smile. She shrugs.

    "No problem. I'll wait here so I can show you to your locker as well. The school can be a bit of a maze at first," she offers.

    "I don't want to keep you from class," I protest, not wanting her to miss it because of me.

    "I have a free first period," she replies before sitting down on the bench outside the door. I nod before pushing open the door.