[𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄]

Warning: Have tissues on hand for this chapter.

𝐈 𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 with a groan, my head pounding painfully as my eyes slowly flicker open. The room around me is dark, allowing me to only barely make out the faint outline of four walls surrounding me, one containing a wooden door.

I turn my gaze down to the dark wood floors, my ankles tied to the legs of the wooden chair I’m seated in. I try to move my arms but they’re tightly tied behind me.

I lick my dry lips as I remember what happened. The Nogitsune, he gave me to someone. Someone from my past with the Alphas. I strain to remember anyone that might be vengeful against the twins but come up short. Anyone that was against them was killed and the rest would be too terrified to do anything.

I lift my head at the sound of the door screeching open. A dark figure emerges, outlined by the sharp light coming from the doorway. I squint as the figure steps into the room and flicks on the single lightbulb that hangs above me before closing the door again.

I furrow my eyebrows as I take in the man’s appearance; he has dark brown, nearly black hair, bright sapphire blue eyes and pale skin. His tall stature looms over me as a light smirk appears across his lips.

    “You don’t remember me, do you?” he questions as he crouches in front of me. I stay silent at his question as I stare blankly at him. 

A gasp releases my lips as my head snaps to the side, my cheek throbbing from his hand.

    “Let me give you a hint, the werewolf twins killed my brother, his wife and my son.” I furrow my brows as I examine him carefully.

    “Nelson?” I remember him now. He was a part of the twins' old pack. After his family’s deaths, he was the only one left alive because he’s only human and wasn’t a threat to Deucalion’s pack. I guess they misjudged the vengeance a human can have.

    “I have been tracking down the twins for the past four years and I couldn’t believe my luck when I bumped into a young man that told me exactly how to get to them. And I will kill them. But first, I’ll show them what real pain is. Emotional pain.”

Nelson suddenly stands up, walking to the side of the room before returning a moment later with a steel knife.

I flinch back against my bindings again he moves it to my cheek, slowly applying pressure as he drags it in a line from the bottom of my eye to my chin. I wince at the sharp pain, but don't give him the satisfaction of making a sound as I opt to clench my teeth tightly.

He eyes me carefully as he pulls the knife away from my skin, cleaning its edge with a black cloth he produces from his pocket.

    “Of course, I won't kill you yet. I'll need the twins here before I do that,” he pauses for a moment as he tilts his head, “I wonder what I should send to them as a message?” I glare at him as he brushes my hair from my face.

    “Perhaps a lock of your hair?” He ponders before lifting his knife threateningly, “Or maybe one of your fingers.” 

I stay silent, not wanting to anger the clearly deranged man.

    “Tell me, where are the twins right now?”

    “I don't know,” I hiss, “And even if I did you still won't be able to defeat them.” Nelson smirks, clearly knowing something I don't.

    “Yes, you're right. I won't be able to stop them. But myself and the other ten vengeful and skilled hunters can.” I stare at him with wide eyes while he smirks before exiting the room.