[𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍]

_____________

3rd Person POV
_____________

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 filters through the sheer curtains of the girl’s bedroom, casting a glowing hue across her body. The girl’s eyes flicker behind their closed lids as she tosses in her restless sleep. 

    “No, don’t do it Stiles,” she mutters, her hands gripping the sheets with white knuckles, “you have to close the door.” 

Her breathing starts to grow heavy and her brows furrow with concern as she shifts in her sleep again. 

    “You-you can’t trust him Scott.” Her expression grows pained as her grip on her covers tightens, “he isn’t who he says he is.” Her head whips to the side, her movements becoming more urgent. 

Without warning, her eyes flicker open and she shoots up straight with a scream escaping her lips. Head darting around the room frantically, she stumbles out of bed and manages a few steps before collapsing to the floor in a stream of tears. 

Her door is thrown open as two werewolves burst in; eyes glowing a neon blue and claws at the ready. Upon seeing her collapsed figure, they dart forward to console her shaking frame. 

    “I-I have to warn them,” she stutters out, her hands gripping onto the fabric of the werewolf’s shirt, “We’re all going to die.”

~~~

__________

Wren’s POV
__________

My hand automatically moves to my alarm clock as it buzzes at half past six on the dot, the sound startling me from my trance. I turn my head to the window as I slowly sit up, observing the clear blue skies for a brief moment before making my way to the bathroom. 

My gaze avoids the mirror as I splash my face with a small amount of water, immediately feeling more alert. I unintentionally meet the eyes staring back at me in the reflection, evoking a sigh to leave my lips. 

The lack of sleep over the past few weeks has resulted in the formation of dark blue bags under my eyes. I fumble to open the drawer of the basin, pulling out a tube of concealer which I dab generously under my eyes in an attempt to cover the bags. 

After the results are as good as I can get them, I run a comb through my wavy locks and brush my teeth before returning to my room and getting dressed into a pair of plain jeans along with a white t-shirt and a maroon coloured hoodie. 

I grab my things before leaving my room and entering the kitchen, taking notice of the twins hushed whispers dying down as I enter. 

I wordlessly grab an apple from the counter and bite into it, pretending not to notice Aidan and Ethan’s worried glances at me. 

    “You feeling okay, Wren?” Ethan speaks up. I shrug my shoulders lightly. 

    “Yeah, why?” Aidan and Ethan share another look before Aidan speaks up.

    “You were screaming again last night. That’s the second time this week.” It’s the fifth, actually, but I was quiet enough the previous times not to wake the twins. 

I’ve been having nightmares for the past few weeks now, resulting in only getting a couple of hours of sleep, if that, every night. My memories are always hazy when I wake up; only one phrase sticking with me. Close the door. 

Weird, I know.

    “I need to get going to school,” I speak, purposely not responding to Aidan’s previous statement.