[𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍]

Warning: this is kinda a long chapter so be prepared with snacks.

𝐈 𝐉𝐔𝐌𝐏 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐒’𝐒 𝐉𝐄𝐄𝐏, shutting the door behind me before Stiles and I make our way into the small clinic. 

Scott and Isaac meet us at the front entrance before we head into the dimly lit backroom where Deaton is waiting. We all stand around a metal table in the centre of the room before Deaton shares his findings.

    “I believe Xylazine is what you will need. It’s a tranquilliser for horses, so for a werecoyote expect it to work in seconds,” Deaton pauses for a moment as he pulls three small vials out of a drawer and puts them on the metal table before us, “I only have three, so whoever’s shooting needs to be a damn good shot.”

The four of us share a look. Usually Allison would be the obvious choice but after I nearly ended up with an arrow through my skull I’m not so sure she’d be up to the task. 

    “Allison’s a perfect shot,” Scott speaks up, glancing over at Stiles, Isaac and I for confirmation which he doesn’t receive.

    “She used to be,” Isaac reminds him. Scott shakes his head firmly.

    “She can do it,” he insists. Isaac crosses his arms before speaking up again.

    “If we manage to find the thing.” I send him a look. 

    “It’s a girl; Malia. Not a thing,” I remind him, shoving my hands into the pockets of my jacket. Isaac opens his mouth to speak up again when Stiles cuts him off. 

    “Okay, what is the point of him?” Stiles questions, pointing over to Isaac, “Seriously, I mean what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf? What’s up with the scarf anyways? It’s 65 degrees out.” Before Stiles’s ranting can continue Isaac retaliates.

    “Look, maybe I’m asking a question no one here wants to ask. How do we turn a coyote back into a girl when she hasn’t been a girl for eight years?” 

I hesitate for a moment before entering the conversation.

    “I think I know how,” I start. Everyone turns their attention to me before I continue, “When Aidan and Ethan merged for the first time they couldn’t change back. That’s how we discovered them. Deucalion used his Alpha roar to split them apart,” I explain. Scott nods slowly in thought. 

    “Deucalion used his voice to make me turn in the distillery,” he pauses for a moment before continuing, “I can do it.” I bite my lip as Stiles sends Scott an incredulous look.

    “You can?” he questions, unconvinced. I hesitate too; Deucalion is a powerful alpha, leader to a pack of alphas whereas Scott is struggling to even control his wolf at the moment.

    “This is a werecoyote, Scott. Who knows if it’ll even work if you can find someone who can teach you,” Deaton reminds the young alpha.

    “That’s why you called Derek first,” Stiles realises. A sigh escapes from Scotts mouth.

    “Yeah, I could try it on my own but right now I’m too scared to even change into just a werewolf.” The room goes silent for a moment and I bite my lip in thought. They need to find a way to close the door in their minds before it’s too late. 

    “Is there anyone else besides Derek who could help?” Deaton asks.

    “I wouldn’t trust Peter,” Isaac scoffs. I think for a moment. I’m sure the twins could help but I doubt Scott and the others are ready to trust them. To my surprise, Stiles speaks my thoughts.