[𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍]

𝐌𝐘 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 at the sound of my alarm buzzing after another restless night with little-to-none sleep. I get out of bed and pull on a pair of skinny jeans followed by a thin grey knit sweater. Allison felt so bad for nearly killing me yesterday that she paid for all the clothes we bought at Macy’s yesterday, despite all of my protests. 

After grabbing an apple for breakfast, Aidan drives me to school. Isaac sends a glare in his direction which Aidan returns before driving off, causing me to roll my eyes at their pettiness before heading into school.

First period I find myself in Economics, barely keeping up with Coach as he rants about the importance of supply and demand. I swear this man should become an auctioneer with the speed at which he can speak. 

    “Okay, any questions?” I spy Nolan hastily raising his hand from beside me as Coach scans the room, “No? Good, moving on to your next assignment which will be due in two weeks. You will need to create a business plan for a new, sustainable idea which focuses on the ideas of demand in the population. It’s a group project and you will be in groups of three so find your partners.” 

I quickly write down the key points that Coach mentioned before turning in my seat to face Nolan. 

    “Do you want to be in a group with me?” I ask him. He releases a visible breath at my words and quickly nods. 

    “Yeah, sure. I really don’t want a repeat of what happened in sixth grade,” Nolan blurts out gladly. Before I have a chance to question his reply, Mason plops down in the chair in front of us and turns to face us. 

    “You guys need another person in your group?” he questions.

    “Yeah,” I answer while Nolan just nods his head. 

    “Great, should we meet in the library to start?” Mason suggests.

    “Uh, actually could we maybe meet after school instead?” I ask, remembering Scott and Stiles said they needed to tell us something at break time. Mason and Nolan both agree and we quickly exchange numbers, creating a group chat before Coach dismisses class. 

~~~

The sun beams down on me, casting a sharp shadow across my notebook as I hastily scribble down answers to my Math homework that is due right after lunch and I’ve neglected to even look at for the past week. 

    “Your answer to number seven is wrong.” I look up as Lydia takes a seat on the bench beside me. 

    “It should be 12.5, not 18x.” I furrow my brows, looking back down at the question before scratching out my answer and replacing it with Lydia’s. As I finish off the last few questions, the rest of the pack joins us. 

    “Ok, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?” Scott questions as we all squish onto the small benches; Scott, Stiles and Allison positioned opposite Lydia, Isaac and I. 

    “And is unable to tell what’s real or not?” Stiles adds. 

    “And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?” Allison says as she chews on one of my french fries. 

    “They’re all locked up because they’re insane,” Isaac speaks up, earning looks from the three hallucinating teens. 

     “Ha, can you at least try to be helpful, please?” Stiles questions sarcastically, quirking an eyebrow at the boy seated beside me.