[𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓]

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓, sweat dripping from my face as I heave frantically for breath. My hands quiver as I squeeze my eyes shut, attempting to block out the voices in my head. 

    “Run, Wren, you have to get out of here. Don’t look back; remember we love you sweetie.” A strong scream rips through my mind and it’s only as Aidan rushes into my room, eyes glowing and claws at the ready, that I realise the scream came from me. 

Collapsing into a pile of tears, I hold my shaking hands to my face. 

    “It’s okay, Wren, you’re okay.”

24 hours earlier

We arrived back in Beacon Hills just over an hour ago and seeing as it’s already 2 O’clock, we were given the rest of the school day off. We headed back to the apartment to find it empty, which means Deucalion and the others are probably still at Deaton’s. 

I make myself and Ethan a sandwich before we sit down on the couch and turn on the tv to watch Vampire Diaries, a show Ethan and I have been secretly binge watching whenever we can find the time. 

I glance over at Ethan as his phone pings in his pocket. He pulls it out and glances at the text message, his face sobering.

    "What is it?" I question, grabbing the TV remote and muting the volume.

    "Ennis is dead. The others will be back within the next half hour." I freeze at his words for a moment before slowly nodding my head.

I should've seen this coming; of course a fall like that would be impossible for even a werewolf to survive. I get up from the couch and quietly put Ethan's and my plate in the sink before walking to my bedroom, shutting the door behind myself and slowly sitting down on the bed.

Heavy emotions flow through my veins as I close my eyes and take deep breaths to calm myself.

I must've fallen asleep at one point because I'm startled awake by Ethan walking into my room, standing by the doorway as he speaks.

    "Deucalion wants to speak with you." 

I get up from my bed and follow beside Ethan as we walk to Deucalion’s office which is on the other side of the penthouse.

We arrive at Deucalion's door and Ethan nods at me before turning on his heel and walking off. I reach forward and knock on the wooden door, waiting for the Alpha's reply before entering his office, closing the door quietly behind me.

    "Wren, take a seat," Deucalion says, resturing for me to sit down in front of him. I follow his words hesitantly, suddenly feeling like a small child in the principal's office - except the principal is a dangerous werewolf Alpha who has killed dozens of people.

    "It seems that we have made little progress in our training sessions. Even though your visions have become more frequent as of late, you still lack any control over them," Deucalion reminds me of my failure.

    "I'm sorry," I mumble, not sure what he's leading to.

    "Luckily for us, I've recently acquired a solution to our problem," Deucalion smirks lightly as he holds out a vial for me to see, its purple contents glittering in the light.

    "This is celtic oak Wolfsbane. It is highly poisonous to werewolves but to certain supernatural creatures it can be used as an ability amplifier," Deucalion explains. I furrow my brows.

    "So it'll make my powers stronger?" I question, not so sure if that's a good thing, especially after what happened yesterday.

    "It'll also help you to better understand them. Think about how the outcome could've changed if you'd predicted Ennis's death with enough time to stop it." My heart aches with Deucalion's words.