[𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄]

𝐈 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 all of my things as I jump out of bed, already running late due to oversleeping my alarm clock. I quickly pull on a pair of jeans and a dark blue top followed by a grey jumper to cover the bandages lining my arms. 

I pull a brush through my hair as I search for my backpack, groaning in annoyance as I realise it's probably still at school in the janitor’s closet. 

    “Wren, if you aren’t ready within the next ten seconds we’re leaving without you!” Aidan yells through the door. I quickly find my shoes and slip them on, not bothering with the laces before I shove the two bottles of pills into my pocket. 

I quickly leave my room and run out of the apartment, just barely slipping through the elevator doors before they close. 

    “Where’s your bag?” Ethan questions as he eyes me. I shrug. 

    “I forgot it at school yesterday,” I answer briefly. 

    “You mean when you got attacked by Isaac?” Aidan clarifies. I narrow my eyes. 

    “How’d you-” Ethan cuts me off. 

    “You thought we wouldn’t be able to smell your blood all over the place or notice Scott and his friends taking you to the hospital?” he questions with an arched brow. 

    “Don’t worry, we taught them a lesson.” I freeze at Aidans words. 

    “What did you do?” I question. Aidan nonchalantly shrugs his shoulders. 

    “We just threw them around a bit. Deucalion showed up before we could do much,” Ethan explains. The elevator dings and the slides door open, allowing us to step out and exit the lobby before heading over to the parking garage. 

We get onto our motorbikes and I strap on my helmet before we leave for school.

~~~

I slowly make my way through the school day, grateful that It’s the last day of school before the weekend finally arrives. 

    “Do you have any plans for the weekend?” Nolan asks me from his desk beside me during Economics class. I shrug my shoulders. Deucalion will probably want me to practise my abilities seeing as we haven’t done that in awhile. 

    “Nothing really,” I reply softly so that Coach can’t hear us. 

    “I’m going to be studying for most of the weekend at the library. You can stop by at one point if you’re free and we can go over some Math notes together,” Nolan suggests. I smile softly and nod. 

    “Sure.” I look up from my textbook as Coach Finstock blows his whistle sharply. 

    “For those of you doing cross-country, Sunday is our annual cross-country meet so you better all be there. I don't care if you have other plans; cancel them. This meet is the most important thing this season and a chance to prove ourselves to Keystone High!"

I roll my eyes as Coach starts to explain all the previous world leaders that would've survived if they'd done cross-country at school and at one point he starts to recite a speech from the movie Independence Day. 

I fail to see the relevance this has to Economics but I'd much rather listen to this than the fluctuations of profit margins.

After class is finished my favourite period of the day finally arrives; lunch. 

Grabbing a tray with some fries, questionable chicken nuggets and a bottle of water, I walk over to the corner of the cafeteria by the windows and sit down at an empty table.