[𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎]

"𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐋𝐘, 𝐈'𝐌 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄," I fight the urge to roll my eyes as Melissa comes in to check on me again. Turns out the gash on my chest needed thirteen stitches and I lost a lot of blood but I didn’t even notice during all of the chaos. 

    “Is Isaac any better?” I question as she unclips the monitors from me. 

    “He’s still unconscious and in the ICU,” Melissa tells me as I jump off of the uncomfortable hospital bed that I was forced to stay the night in. 

    “Isn’t he healing?” My eyebrows furrow in concern. She shakes her head slowly. 

    “It’s only been a few hours, I’m sure he’ll be better by Monday,” Melissa says with a hopeful tone, offering me a small smile. I walk over to the chair by the side of the room and pull on my sneakers and one of Aiden’s hoodies. 

    “Allison is waiting outside,” Melissa tells me before quietly leaving the room, leaving the door open behind her. I finish tying my laces before walking out of the room to find Allison seated on one of the waiting chairs by the door, biting the edge of her nails nervously. 

    “Did you go home last night?” I ask with concern, eyeing her crumpled clothes from last night and messy hair. 

    “I wanted to wait to make sure Isaac was okay,” she says as she stands to her feet. I offer her a sad smile and pull her into a tight hug. 

    “I’m sure he’ll be right back to his annoying usual self in no time,” I mutter into her shoulder. She laughs lightly before pulling back, running a hand through her mane of hair to tame it down. 

    “You should go home and get some sleep,” I suggest. 

    “No, I’m fine. Besides, I promised I’d help you do some training today, remember?” she protests. I roll my eyes.

    “We don’t have to-” Allison cuts me off by looping her arm through mine and dragging us down the hall.

    “Nope, you are not getting out of this, Wren,” I smile at her before we exit the hospital and make our way to her car. 

~~~

After a quick pitstop to her house so we can both take a shower and get dressed into fresh clothes, she grabs a few things from her dad’s office that she puts into a black case before we start for the reserve.

    “I think this should be a good spot,” Allison suggests after we hike into the reserve for about fifteen minutes. 

    “Good because I don’t think I’ll be able to go any further,” I huff as I lean down to catch my breath slightly. 

Allison puts the black case on the ground and opens it to reveal an assortment of throwing knives, a gun and Allison’s compound bow. 

    “Wow,” I mumble at the large assortment of weapons. 

    “Should we start by doing some hand-to-hand? You said you’ve already had a bit of training?” Allison questions. I shrug my shoulders lightly. 

    “Kali trained me since I was about twelve but it was mostly just her beating me up rather than actually teaching me skills,” I explain. 

    “Well let’s just get an idea of your skill level then.” Without further warning, Allison suddenly swings her fist at my face. I backstep to avoid it and block her knee as she attempts to kick me in the stomach. 

Grinning lightly, I take a step forward and fake a kick before sending a punch to her face. She narrowly side steps it and kicks at my legs, causing me to fall backwards but not before hooking my foot around her to make her fall with me. I cough as the air is knocked out of me by my harsh impact with the ground but I quickly recover and roll to the side as Allison tries to pin me down.