[𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄]

"𝐒𝐎 𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, Scott, Stiles and Allison will need to be surrogate sacrifices for their parents,” Deaton explains again. I’m sitting on top of one of the tables with my legs crossed as Stiles, Scott, Allison, Isaac and Lydia are all standing around the three tubs they’ve spent the last hour filling up with ice and water. 

    “But you can bring us back. You can…you can bring us back, right?” Stiles questions nervously, biting on the edge of his lip as I notice Lydia reaching out and squeezing his hand reassuringly. I quirk an eyebrow curiously. Since when were they a couple?

    “If it goes right the three of you will be dead for a few seconds but there’s something else you need to think about. This is a dangerous thing for more reasons than one,” Deaton explains, not instilling much hope in us, “You'll be giving power back to the Nemeton, a place that hasn't had power for a long time. This kind of power is like a magnet. It attracts the supernatural, the kind of things that a family like the Argents can fill the pages of a bestiary with. It will draw them here, like a beacon.”

I swallow hard at the thought of more supernatural creatures in Beacon hills that’ll probably try to kill us.

    “Oh, lovely.” Stiles comments sarcastically but everyone ignores him as Scott speaks up.

    “Is that it?” he questions, crossing his arms. Deaton hesitates for a moment before answering.

    “No. It’ll also have an effect on the three of you,” Scott, Allison and Stiles share nervous glances, “You won’t be able to see it, but you’ll feel it everyday for the rest of your lives. It’ll be a kind of darkness around your heart, and permanent, like a scar.” 

    “Like a tattoo,” Scott mutters. I raise an eyebrow slightly at Deatons words.

    “Are you guys so sure you want to do this?” I question. 

    “We don’t have a choice. We have to save them.” Scott says, Allison and Stiles nodding in agreement. 

    “Alright then. What did you bring?” Deaton speaks up. I lean forward on my arms curiously as the three of them each pull objects from their pockets. Stiles speaks up first. 

    “Um, I got my dad’s badge. Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand so I tried hammering it out a bit. Still doesn’t look great,” Stiles mutters as he holds the shiny object firmly in his grasp.

    “Well, it doesn’t need to look good if it has meaning,” Deaton reassures him before glancing over at Allison. 

    “Is that an actual silver bullet?” Isaac speaks up.

    “My dad made it. It’s kind of a ceremonial thing,” Allison explains, “When one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the code.” 

    “Scott?” Deaton moves on to him. Scott pulls out a small round watch from his back pocket and holds it up as he looks at it closely. 

    “My Dad got my Mum this watch when she first got hired at the hospital. She used to say it was the only thing in their marriage that ever worked.” I look down as Scott mentions his parents. I wonder if my parents were married or not. When I was younger I’d always imagine them out there somewhere, searching for me. I guess as I got older it became more realistic that they are most probably dead or abandoned me.

    “Okay, the three of you will get in. Each of us will hold you down until you’re essentially…well, dead,” Exactly like in my vision, “But it’s not just someone to hold you under. It needs to be someone who can pull you back, someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotional tether,” Deaton explains before pausing as he eyes them.