[𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍]

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 since we saved Malia and turned her human again. That night, Scott, Allison and Stiles managed to close the doors in their minds but I have a sinking feeling in my stomach that tells me this isn’t over yet. 

My nightmares have died down slightly but I still struggle to sleep at night without taking sleep medication. The only side effects is that the medicine tends to also mute my visions, making me feel anxious that I might miss something important. 

Tonight is one of those sleepless nights; not wanting to take the medication as I have a Chemistry test tomorrow and don’t want to be too drowsy. 

I make my way into the kitchen and pour myself a glass of orange juice while scrolling through Instagram mindlessly on my phone. I’m startled out of my dazed state as my phone starts to vibrate and a name pops up. 

I roll my eyes, letting out a sigh as I answer. 

    “You do realise it’s like 1am, Stiles,” I speak before he has a chance to say anything. 

    “It’s 12.30 and you know what that means? It’s officially Mischief day/night,” Stiles answers as if that’s supposed to mean something to me. 

    “Okay, and?” 

    “Wren, this is like the most important day of the year! It’s also Coach’s birthday which Scott and I have used as the opportunity to prank him every year since, like, 8th grade!” Stiles exclaims, “And as the new generation it’s your duty to carry on this tradition after we graduate.” 

I let out a sigh, realising I have no way of getting out of this. 

    “Fine, I’ll join you on your little escapade. When are you picking me up?” I ask as I pull one of Aidan’s hoodies over my t-shirt, the long hoodie falling down past my shorts. I didn’t bother to get changed into pj’s tonight knowing I wouldn’t get much (or any) sleep anyways.

    “I’m outside the apartment building now,” Stiles answers. I guess it’s a good thing I was ready to go, then. 

I grab my keys and quietly leave the apartment, taking the elevator down to the ground floor where I easily spot the blue Jeep parked out front. 

I climb into the passenger side, giving Stiles a light glare for making me go to school in the middle of the night when I could be binge watching The Vampire Diaries at home. 

    “You owe me McDonalds for this,” I tell him, craving chicken nuggets and a chocolate milkshake. 

    “We’ll get it on the way back,” Stiles says before putting the Jeep into drive and pulling away from the curb. 

~~~

We arrive at the school ten minutes later thanks to the lack of traffic on the road. Stiles pulls a key out of his pocket which he uses to unlock the front entrance to the school building. I furrow my brows, tilting my head slightly. 

    “How’d you-?” 

    “Nagged it from the Janitor on Friday,” Stiles cuts me off before opening the door, holding it open for me before shutting it behind us. 

    “So what amazing prank do you have planned? It better be worth it,” I mumble, my hands deep in the pockets of Aidan’s hoodie as I glance around the eerie and cold school hall. I didn’t even think it was possible but school is even worse at night. 

    “I’ve gotta call Scott to get here first,” Stiles answers as we stop outside of Coach’s office and he pulls out his phone, dialling Scott’s number.