[𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑]

𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 and early the next morning to the loud beeping of my alarm. Letting out an irritated groan, I lean over and slam the button on the top of my alarm clock; although apparently I hit it too hard seeing as it falls off my bedside table, causing my arm to slip and me to fall out of bed.

I groan and wipe the sleep from my eyes before sitting up. I barely got any sleep last night as I waited for the pack to return from the bank vault. They only got back at 3 in the morning and by that time none were willing to talk to me, none but Ethan that is.

After a lot of pleading I finally got him to reveal that the werewolves had managed to escape because of Derek and his pack and that a boy was also found dead by the pools.

I stand up and walk over to my ensuite, washing my face with some cold water before pulling a brush through my unruly hair and tying it in a French braid.

Coach Finstock recommended that in order to get an A in P.E we have to do cross country. It's twice a week and an hour before school starts but at least I'll be increasing my stamina and won't have to play dodgeball in the gym hall.

Luckily for me, the twins are both also doing cross country which means I won't have to walk to school at 6 in the morning.

I quickly get changed into a pair of leggings and a loose t-shirt with a thin zip-up Nike jacket over top. 

I also bring a duffle bag with a change of clothes for after cross-country.

    "Wren!" Aidan yells for me just as I open my bedroom door and step out.

    "Okay, let's get going then," Ethan says from beside Aidan as he grabs his bag and the three of us head out the door.

~~~

We arrive at the school 10 minutes later and I hop off the back of Ethan's bike, taking off my helmet, before heading over to the girls locker room to store my backpack and duffle bag.

A few minutes later, I walk out onto the field where a small group of students have formed as we wait for coach and get warmed up. I notice that most of the lacrosse team is here along with a couple other students and a few kids I recognise from my classes.

As I scan the group I recognise a boy with curly hair and bright blue eyes. The boy that I helped to escape from the bank. 

I quickly turn so that my back is to him and kneel down to re-tie my shoe laces. This is not good, not good at all.

Chances are he'll recognise the twins and I and probably tell Scott or attack the twins. I hit my head at my own stupidity; why did I assume he wouldn't be going to Beacon Hills High like 95% of the teenagers in Beacon Hills?

Coach blows his whistle as he walks up to our group. I stand up and subtly search the crowd again, spotting the boy standing near the back of the group beside Scott and Stiles.

It doesn't look like he's recognized us yet…oh, great. I curse under my breath as the twins turn to look at the boy, recognizing him and vice versa. 

The boy's eyes widen for a moment before narrowing in anger.

Coach blows his whistle again and the twins take off running, Isaac going after them.

    "Pace yourselves, come on!" Coach yells after them but his voice is ignored as the group takes off jogging, the werewolves already lost in the distance in front of us.

    "Isaac, wait!" Scott yells after the boy before rushing after them.

Knowing that my human speed will never match theirs, I don't try to catch up to them and instead run at a steady pace near the front of the group, only hoping that the twins don't rip Isaac to shreds.