[𝐓𝐄𝐍]

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 since Boyd's death now but it feels like longer than that. After I told them what I saw, Scott rushed off to Derek's loft in shock while the ambulance arrived and took Deaton away.

I've been walking around town to clear my mind and put off going back to the apartment knowing what they did.

Sure, the alphas have killed lots of people, some right in front of me but the fact that this time it was an innocent teenager who died simply to be used as leverage is sickening.

I let out a deep breath and ignore the buzzing of my phone as Ethan texts me, wondering where I am.

Would they even tell me that they're the ones who killed Boyd?

I kick a small rock in annoyance, grumbling when it causes my foot to hurt but what did I expect would happen doing that?

I freeze as I hear a soft drumming sound; a sound that causes my heart to skip a beat. Swallowing, I decide I should probably head back to the apartment now.

Pulling out my phone, I open up Ethan's contact and ignore the 43 messages from him as I send a quick reply.

Wren ❤

On my way now. I'll be there in 10

I shove my phone back into my pocket and flinch as I hear a noise but upon a close scan of my surroundings I quickly scold myself for being so paranoid.

I mean, I guess the fact that almost a dozen people have been sacrificed is a good warrant for being paranoid. I mentally slap myself. Why did I think it'd be a good idea to go for a walk in the middle of the night again?

I pick up my pace as I scold myself, more eager to make it back now. I cross my arms as a cool breeze starts to blow, sending a shiver down my spine.

I shut my eyes tightly and stop as the drumming sound in my head grows louder and louder.

It's just your imagination, it's all in your head, I try to reassure myself but it doesn't work.

I hear a loud sound behind me and quickly whip around just in time to see a flash of metal before my vision goes black.

~~~ que intro ~~~

I slowly come to, my head pounding and something tight and coarse around my wrists. Rope. I can hear the sound of rustling, like leaves or something.

I shift my position ever so slightly, my back aching from the hard and rough surface I'm tied against.

Finding the energy to peel open my eyes, I slowly manage to do so and allow my eyes to slowly adjust to the dim lighting.

I'm in a small space with dirt floors and walls, the ceiling lower than it should be. I think I'm in some sort of cellar. I pull against the rope binding me but it's tight enough that I don't have any wriggle room.

"Don't even bother, you won't get out," I voice says from the shadows. I freeze and my eyes quickly scan the room, landing on a shadowy figure in the corner. That voice, it sounds familiar.

"Who are you?" I question, my voice dry and throat sore making me wonder how long I've been unconscious for.

"My name is Julia," the woman says as she steps out from the shadows, "but you know me as Jennifer Blake."

I gape as our English teacher stands before me. I knew something was off about her but I never imagined she'd be the one sacrificing people.

"You're the Darach?" I question with wide eyes. She laughs as she walks up to me, crouching down before me.