Ten

Arthur and Dottie had adventured out of the snug after a few bottles of whiskey were drunk. There was loud music, banging in her ears as she shouted across the bar to the nearest barman, who obeyed her every drink order. Her and Arthur sat happily at the bar, drinking short drinks together. When the music bellowed louder, she got up, twirling and dancing.

Finn had joined her, twirling his older cousin around. Arthur watched on, watching out for his younger cousin. He held tightly on to her hands, swinging the drunken girl around.

When the music slows down slightly, Dottie sways, fidgeting on her feet. She smirks before going to the bar, suddenly loosing sight on Arthur. Finn follows her.

"Do you want a drink?" She asks, leaning down to his ear.

"Tom don't let me," he says, almost in a sad manner.

Dottie tilts her head, "Tom doesn't have to know," she twists her lips up in to a smirk before she calls the barman over. "Can I have two whiskeys please?"

The barman nods, turning round.

"You're gonna get in trouble," Finn says hesitantly, "you're gonna get me in trouble."

Shaking her head, Dottie leans down to his ear again. "I'll take the blame," she says, "besides, why can't you have a drink with your dearest cousin? Hmm?" She asks rhetorically, pulling her head back up from Finn's ear.

The barman comes back, placing two crystal glasses in front of the girl. She smirks, thanking him and sliding one over to Finn's hand.

"Drink up," she says, lifting the glass up to her lips and tilting her head back.

The liquid burns down her throat. She squints her eyes, swallowing the lid quod. Finn stares at her.

"Does Aunt Polly know you're drinking?" He asks, choosing his words carefully.

Dottie turns her head, "why?"

"You've had a lot," Finn responds, frowning slightly, "maybe you should slow down."

Dottie rolls her eyes, slamming her glass back on to the counter. "Don't— don't you start," she says in a half playful manner, slurring slightly. "I'm doing you a favour."

"Thea," Finn responds, "have some water—"

Dottie shakes her head, leaning over the bar. She snarls whilst staring at Finn. She leans closer to him before yanking his glass away from him, downing the liquid in one.

A prescence joins her at the bar. He calls over the barman, ordering a whiskey for himself and a drink for Dottie.

"Get lost, Finn," she says, nudging Finn's arm.

Finn huffs, shaking his head and walking back in to the snug. Dottie watches him as he closes the door, and then looks round for Arthur, who seems to have disappeared somewhere. She turns back round to the man, smiling.

"Hello, you."

"Hello to you too," Reggie responds, a slight bruise on his cheek has already appeared making Dottie feel like it's her fault.

"Didn't think you would talk to me again," Dottie says, leaning closer to him so he can hear her over the loud music.

He hums in response, paying the barmaid and sliding a glass of amber whiskey over to Dottie. "Get this down you," he says, his voice deep, "then I want to dance with you."

"Oh yeah?"

Reggie hums again. "Mhm. I've seen you dance. Fancy it's my turn."

Dottie bites her lip, looking at him with large eyes. "Oh is it? What's in it for me?"

"Maybe a kiss," Reggie bargains, wagging his eyebrows slightly.

Dottie looks him over, his grey eyes burning in to hers. "Even after my cousin threatened you? And gave you that bruise?"

"Well..." Reggie hesitates, he looks down to his shoes and shrugs, looking sheepishly back at Dottie, "maybe I need a pretty girl to look over my face. Make sure nothings damaged."

Dottie raises an eyebrow.

"Eh, don't look at me like that. I had to try," he says, lifting his glass up to his lips. He downs the liquid in one and then offers his hand to Dottie.

Dottie takes a moment to decide on what to do. She looks around for Arthur, before she picks up her glass, swallowing the liquid quickly and takes his hand, jumping off the bar stool. She takes his hand, and Reggie grins, leading her back on to the bar.

The music pummels through her brain as she swirls to the music. Reggie keeps his hands on her hips, leading her with every move, almost stabilising her. He leans his head down as she crashes in to his body.

He leans his lips down to hers.

The sun creeps in to the room through the gap between the curtains. It dances on the floor, creating pictures and stories along the floorboards. Dottie yawns, and rolls over, huffing when she rolls in to something hard.

Someone hard.

She groans, refusing to open her eyes.

"Good morning."

Dottie's eyes bolt open. She jumps almost when she see Reggie Smith, sitting up in a small bed and staring longingly at her.

Dottie stares at him, grasping hold of the duvet to her chest. Her naked chest. Her head aches, almost like it's heavy.
"What happened last night?" She asks, her voice scratchy.

"You came back to mine," Reggie answers almost smugly, staring down at her.

"Obviously," she responds, "I meant..." she stops speaking as she lifts up the duvet covers, seeing her naked body. She sighs, dropping them, "we slept together?"

Reggie hesitates.

"Reggie."

"We did."

Dottie nods.

"It's alright though," Reggie is quick to respond, "it's okay. If you don't want to count this, count me as someone you've slept with, then I won't breathe a word."

Dottie stares at him, her eyes burning harshly in to his. "You won't tell anyone anyways. My cousins would kill you."

Reggie hums in response, "they would. You're a princess to them." His hand comes down and dances softly on Dottie's skin, pushing away her hair.

She tilts her head, allowing him to stroke her skin. Goosebumps lay beneath her skin.

"They're so protective of you," he mutters, his eyes totally absorbing in to Dottie's, "I don't blame them. You're an angel."

"Does that mean you're the devil?" She asks, a small smirk playing on her lips.

"I think you're really the devil," Reggie responds back, "you act all innocent, but those eyes tell me different." He dips his hand under the covers.

Dottie groans when Reggie takes hold of her left nipple, squeezing it softly.

"Your moans tell me different. Now come and prove how much of a devil you really are."