Epilogue

The family stand in front of a large trailer, where two bodies lay inside. The trailer, although ready to be lit on fire, has steps leading down, where Isiah leads Eliza and Florence away from the trailer, both holding their hands as they look down to the floor with bloodshot and tearful eyes.

He sniffs, tilting his head as he steps down the last of the steps. His hand gets pulled by Eliza, who stands on the steps, Florence behind her.

"Eliza," Isiah says, struggling to maintain a calm voice, "come on, darling—"

Eliza stares at the doorway, through the arch she can see the two cloths.
"I'm not leaving her," Eliza murmurs back, "she'll be lonely, daddy."

"She's with your Nana," Isiah responds as Florence takes hold of Eliza's hand. "Come down, sweetheart."

Eliza shakes her head, she continues to stare through the trailer.

"Will Mama be cold?" Florence suddenly asks as she looks up to Isiah, "on her way to heaven?"

Isiah swallows a lump in his throat, "no, darling. Your mama is already up there," he bends down, crouching down to be the same height as Eliza and Florence. He points to a large cloud in the sky, "do you see that cloud? That's your mama and your Nana together. If you look real closely, you can see your mama's smile. Do you see it?"

Florence frowns as Eliza sniffs.

"I don't want her in the sky," Florence reveals in a small voice, "I need her, daddy."

"I know you do," Isiah says, he opens his arms up, "come here, Flo. Come to daddy."

Florence shakes her head, "I want my mama."

Micheal, who had originally hung back from the trailer, steps forward. "Flo, you want to come to your uncle Micheal? Eh?"

Florence shakes her head. She turns to look at Micheal with watery and large eyes, "I want mama."

Micheal lets out a breath, he doesn't know how to respond.

"Make her come back," Florence says, her bottom lip puckering.

"She can't come back," Eliza responds in a heartbroken voice, "she's gone, Flo."

Florence shakes her head, wiping her eyes, "no, no, she'll wake up." She turns to Isiah, "my mama will wake up. She will. She has to."

Isiah hesitates as he bites his lip. He then takes Florence's hand, however she rips it away from him. She goes to dart in to the trailer towards where Dottie and Polly lay together, however Micheal is quick to catch her, hoisting her up on to his hip. She wails, tears streaming down her eyes as Micheal coos over her, bouncing her slightly and ignoring the heaviness sitting in his chest.

Eliza looks behind her, she sees Micheal with Florence and looks back at the trailer. She presses a kiss to her fingers.
"Goodbye Nana," she says in a quiet voice, "goodbye Mama," she adds, pressing her fingers to the trailer.

Isiah stands up, holding his hand out to Eliza, who takes it willingly. He steps away from the trailer, standing with Micheal on his side. He looks over to Tommy, who stands with Lizzie, Charlie's hand in his hand as Ruby clings to Lizzie. He's looking down at the floor, his face solemn.

"I, er, invited someone," Arthur says as a woman in black approaches the family.

Rosemary. She walks through the field to where the trailer sits. She gives a small and weary smile to Micheal before she greets Eliza and Florence. She has watery eyes, and flowers hanging out of her bag. Pink and red roses. Dottie's favourite.