Fifty-Eight

There was a family meeting in the Garrison. Dottie had driven with Polly, whilst Eliza and Florence babbled in the back of the car. Polly had told Dottie what was said in the meeting, explaining how Linda had walked out.

"She needs to get a fucking life," Dottie mutters, turning on her left indicator. "She knows what she married, she knows Arthur's loyalty to Tommy."

Polly nods, crossing her leg over her other leg, "she's a nuisance. Why he ever married her, I do not know."

Dottie hums, "must be good in bed."

"Anyone can be good in bed," Polly reminds her as Dottie begins to turn the car. "You're getting confident driving. How was the drive to Kent?"

"Yeah it was alright," Dottie says, "the girls mostly slept. Especially earlier on our way back. They were both complaining that I woke them up to early, but it works out. Knackered them both out," she says, glancing in the middle mirror to see Eliza leaning against Florence, both fast asleep.

"I'll get them some food when we get to the Garrison," Polly says, "how was Rosemary?" She asks, trying to ignore the knot in her throat.

"Rosemary is Rosemary," Dottie says dismissively, "it was a nice break. How was Paris?"

"Paris is Paris," Polly says, a small smirk on her lips, "it was a nice holiday."

Dottie hums, "so Micheal... he's fucked up?"

"I'm not sure what Tommy will do to him," Polly reveals, her voice quiet, "he held on when Tommy said to sell. List us a lot of money."

Dottie hums as the Garrison comes in to her line of sight. "I knew he was in over his head."

"If he had stayed, Dots, Tommy would have killed him."

Dottie frowns, "Tommy won't kill Micheal."

Polly tilts her head as Dottie slows the car down. "There will be a war between the cousins, Thea. One of them will die."

As the family entered the Garrison, Eliza and Florence ran to Isiah, who lifted them both up and smothered their cheeks with kisses. He greets Dottie with a small smile.

"Alright, Dots? How was your holiday?" He asks, balancing Eliza on one hip and Florence on the other.

"Yeah, it was good," Dottie says briefly as Florence kicks Eliza's leg. "Oi, you. Don't kick. Only donkeys kick."

Florence scowls, draping her arm around Isiah's neck. "My daddy! He's my daddy!"

Dottie frowns slightly as Isiah tilts his head towards Florence.

"I'm both your daddy," he replies, "have you been good for you mama, monkey? Eh?"

Florence looks at Isiah as Tommy calls for Dottie. Dottie looks back at Isiah.

"Daddy, I'm hungry," Eliza says in a quiet voice. Her doe like eyes staring at Isiah.

That had happened in the past two years. Eliza calling Isiah daddy. She originally called him Siah, however one day she called him daddy, and it had stuck. Esme had said to Dottie it was because he had built some trust and love with her, but Dottie didn't care the reason, she was just happy Eliza didn't know who her real father was.

"I promised I would feed them."

"I'll get them fish and chips across the road," Isiah says, nodding his head. He leans down, placing down Florence and then Eliza. "Come on, you two, let's go get you both some lunch."