The Owl House - Chapter 7

I flew out the castle, thinking of where she could be. After I was far away, I asked Flapjack
"Any ideas?"
"Chirp tweet tweet!"
"You're right! She'll be at the Owl House today, it's the weekend so school isn't on! Thanks Flap!"
That's it! The Owl House! I just had to hope Harpy lady wasn't there, and anybody else for that matter.

I hid behind a few trees, observing inside the house. I could see Harpy, her dog and that human. Luckily for me, it took a few minutes for two of them to leave Luz in the house. I can only suppose they were going to do bounty hunting or something. Once they were far away enough, I had to figure out how to sneak in. I should probably go through the back, or that bird tube would start screaming, I've heard bad stories from other scouts. So, I'll go through the back.
"Flap, I need to get in from the back, can you help?"
"Chirp chirp!"
"Great idea! Let's go."
Flapjack told me he would go in to the window, then open the back door. After this, I can sneak in and capture the human. Perfect.

Luz's POV

I'd been left alone, again. Recently, Eda and King have had to leave a lot more to get money to provide for us. I walked to the living room to rest, I might watch one of the Azura movies? I dunno. Actually, I'm abit hungry, maybe I'll grab something from the kitchen. But something felt off when I got closer, as if somebody was here with me. I entered the kitchen.
"Hunter! What are you doing here? If you wanted to come over, you could just ask! We are friends now."

Hunter's POV

"Hunter! What are you doing here? If you wanted to come over, you could just ask! We are friends now."
Oh, sh*t.
"Human! You'll be coming with me! And we aren't friends!"
She looked confused, and almost a little hurt. But that didn't matter! I had to take her to Belos.
"Where did you want to go?"
Is she really that oblivious? I don't really want to go anywhere, I have to take her to the Emperor.
"We're going to The Emperor's Castle"
"Why would we go there?"
I grabbed her by the arm,
"Come on! Or am I going to have to knock you out?"
"Hey!"
She grabbed onto my arm, while trying to make me let go of her.
"We. Need. To. Go! Come on!"
"Why do you need to take me there?"
"Belos needs you! It's important!"
"Belos is evil! You shouldn't trust him!"
Belos wasn't evil? She was being irrational. And she also wouldn't stop tugging on my arm. I wouldn't be surprised if she took my whole arm off. But she didn't, what happened seemed worse.

My glove fell to the floor like a feather. Grab it Hunter! You have to grab it!
"Hunter, is your hand okay?"
Act normal, act normal.
"Mission!"
Mission? Really Hunter? That wasn't normal. I was paniking. She's gonna know, she's gonna know!
"You got it from a mission?"
"Um, yeah."
"The head of the Healing coven didn't help?"
"It's not that bad so-"
Wait, where did she go? Did she run off!? Why did I get so distracted? I have to find her! Better get going.

I made sure I had Flapjack and ran out. Where could she of gone? Not far right. I should start looking.
"Flapjack, can you help me look?"
"Tweet chirp!"
"Thanks Flap, be careful."
I walked around the premises, I'd left my artificial staff in the Owl house and Flap was looking the other way, so I had to hope I didn't bump into anybody. About ten minutes passed and I'd had no luck, so I decided to check on Flapjack.
"Flapjack! Did you find her?"
I heard some faint tweeting, was that Flap, was he okay? I ran in that direction,
"Flap! I'm coming!"

Luz's POV

"Hey! I remember this bird!"
I looked up towards Eda,
"It was following that blonde we met at Eclipse lake"
"Hunter? Yeah, I think it's his palismen."
It was a bit unusual somebody from the Emperor's coven had a palismen, especially because of what Belos did to them. I wonder if he has to hide it?
"Will he come back for it?"
Eda didn't seem to believe he cared for the bird. I think he does though, they seemed close.

Hunter's POV

I was trying to find Flapjack from the tweeting, but it was harder then expected. I was running around for 5ish minutes until I saw them. The whole "Owl House gang" was standing with Flapjack.
"Flap!"
The red cardinal flew to me in an instant.
"Flapjack, are you okay! Did they hurt you?"
"Chirp chirp!"
"So, here's the Golden Guard, once again. What brings you here?"
I couldn't tell her about my mission, but there's now way I could take her down. My body still aches a bit. Even if she can only use glyphs, I've seen Luz use them too. I'll be taken down too quickly. But I can't just leave. Belos will be even angrier then before.

"I was- uh. I was having a walk, and stumbled in!"
She looked down at Luz. This was stupid, I have to get Luz. Mabye, if I ran into the house, I can grab my artificial staff and use that to capture them in a bubble? I'd need to be really quick though. I took a deep breath and whispered to Flapjack.
"Flap, Can you get me inside the owl house quickly?"
"Tweet!"
They all looked at me, seemingly cautious. If I messed up, there would be no catching Luz. I had to do this right. I turned to Flapjack and signaled.
"Let's go."

Everything flashed yellow, but I was on track. Before I had even blinked, I was in the Owl house, and out again with my staff. You've got this, Hunter, I reminded myself. I lifted my staff, only to feel a tight, plant-like rope around my arm. shoot. I wasn't going to get her. I was going to be punished. I was definitely going to be punished.
"Golden Guard. What are you up too? It sure doesn't seem like, 'a stroll'."
Luz looked proud of Eda, who had her hand on a glyph. I couldn't care less though. I needed to get out.

Eda's POV

What is up with this boy? He wasn't answering my questions honestly at all. I can only suspect he was on a mission. But what? I'm not really wanted any more. So is it Luz? Did he want, Luz? I added more glyphs to his arm to tighten it.
"I'm not letting you go until I get an answer."
"Guess you'll be keeping me forever then."
I didn't want The Emperor's coven after me again, so we would probably have to let him go. I looked at Luz for an answer. I think she understood what I meant by the look, so she nodded.

Hunter's POV

The vines were getting too tight on my arms, practically cutting of my circulation. I noticed Eda and Luz exchanging stares. Once the human nodded, the vines were loosened.
"You can leave. But the next time you come here, don't expect the same treatment!"
I might as well just go. There was no way I was getting the human. But right before I walked off, she asked me,
"Hunter, why did you come here?"
I couldn't tell her. She'd probably hate me more then she already did. I flew off, preparing for my punishment at home.

Word count:1269