A Dark Room - Chapter 38

Tw. Abuse mention, slashing, threatening, knife

I rewoke in a cold, dark room. Tight rope spun around my torso, immobilizating me to a chair. Initially, my reaction was to search the room with my eyes. But it was pitch black. Suddenly, I noticed a sharp pain in my head. I can only guess it was the impact of the hit from earlier, but it really, really hurt. Not like Belos punishments, but if I was to put all the pain I've felt, it would easily be in the top 5. Maybe top 3 if we're just going of physical pain as well. So pretty bad. I tried to rest abit, but those stupid ropes wouldn't stop pressuring against my body.

"So, you're a real witch.."
The guy from earlier entered. Luz had mentioned a witch obsessed person before, but how she described him looked nothing like who had taken me. This guy was around a decade younger, maybe around my age, and gave off a very different vibe.
"The quiet type huh? Or are you just mad I kidnapped you. I understand if you're angry, but I have a job and you shouldn't be in this world anyway."
I still sat silent. As if I was gonna talk to a weirdo like him. Not until he let me go at least. But, I have a feeling that won't be happening.
"Well, I'll be delivering you tomorrow. Usually I'd leave my victims alone till I need to move them. But you're no normal victim."
I felt my hands shaking in fear. Delivering? Job? Victim!? I wasn't at all curious on what was going to happen. What did he mean 'no normal victim'??! Is it because I'm-
"You're not a witch either, Are you...?"

Did he know I was a grimwalker? I'd be surprised if he even knew what one was. My vision attracted to a shiny knife in the kidnappers hand.
"I only have a few questions, okay? Just answer them, and nobody needs to get hurt."
Was he seriously threatening me?! As if I'm not already tied to a chair. Since I obviously wasn't in any place to say no, I gently nodded my head.

"Let's start of simple. You aren't a witch. So, what are you?"
The memories of Belos mind came running back.
I am a witch.
I am a powerless witch..
I was a powerless witch.
I am a clone.
I'm a grimwalker.
"I-I'm.. I'm a gri-grimwal.."
The guy was obviously getting irritated I was taking so long to answer such a simple question.
"YOU'RE? YOU'RE? COME ON SPIT IT OUT!?"
The yelling caused me to flinch back to the back of the chair. He reminded me a lot of Belos. Like, a lot. How he spoke, acted and even his eyes. They flashed a bright bluey colour. That wasn't important though. I was still trembling.
"Ughh, look I'm sorry. Didn't know this was just so difficult for you."

I could tell he was trying to mock me. He was just, so hateable. First, he kidnaps me, then is just a b*tch! Unless I was taking too long? How long had passed. I tried to swap my focus but it was quite difficult.
"Okay, okay. Next question. Where are you're witch friends?"
"I though you knew! You said-"
I was suddenly silenced to a knife slashing across my face.

"U-uncle! I'm sorry! I though you kne-"
A sharp tendril shot towards me, causing me to almost instantly stop speaking.

My eyes dropped down in shame. I couldn't tell this guy where my friends lived! They would get hurt. I sat silently shaking, still thinking about a way to escape. If Flapjack was here, he would help. But he isn't.

Blood poured from my face onto the dark, shiny floor.
"Fine. Don't answer me then. I'm sure I'll find them at some point."
I swiftly attempted to swing the chair towards him, but it was much more difficult then expected. And I failed miserably, leaving myself to lay on the floor.
"This is pathetic.. I'll see you tomorrow."
The stranger walked off into the distance, turning off the only light in the room as he left.

I rested on the floor, trying to remember how to get out of a chair when tied like this. I knew the coven told me at one point.. It was just when? Then it hit me, one of my first training days. Before Belos taught me how to fight, he showed me how to escape being tied up. I guess I can thank him for that.

Pushing my shoulders to the side, I tried to expand how much rope my body was taking, causing it to become looser and looser. It wasn't long until I could wriggle out of my restraints. I left the ropes in a pile on the floor before searching the room. No windows, all there was, was a lamp on the ceiling, the exit door, the chair, and now some ropes. As well as that, a plastic-like restraint held my hands together. I'd never seen it before so it would probably be staying with me.

I sneakily moved towards the door, trying to find a way to peak through. Although I couldn't see anything, I did hear a phone call.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah, I have it. It dropped a map on the way as well, so we might have a lead on where the others are."

---------------------------------------------------------

I could hear the other line, but this didn't seem like good news. By the map, he must of meant the one Luz gave me. If he had the map, he knew where we were living!

Without thinking, I threw the door open and lunged towards the stranger, reaching for the map. Even though I was pushed away almost instantly, I still had a tight grip of the map. As I ripped it up, I heard shouting in my ear.
"DO YOU REALIZE HOW DIFFICULT YOU ARE MAKING THIS??"
A shiny knife reflected my anxious face.
"You'll fucking regret that."

Word count: 1011