Explanations - Chapter 40

"What happened while you were gone Hunter?"
Willow asked, sounding genuinely worried. I couldn't lie to her, but telling her what happened seemed big. She would probably be mad if I was complaining. No! Suck it up Hunter, she wants to help.
"Well, um. On my way to the library, some guy pulled me into an alleyway, but I left. Then, when I was in the library, he was waiting outside. Once I walked out, he kind of, um, kidnapped me? But it's okay! So don't worry."
"Excuse-a-what now?"
"He kidnapped you???!!!"
"Are you okay dear? Cuando encuentro a esa maldita perra-"
(When I find that fucking bitch-)

Amitys POV

"It's okay Gus, I'm sure he's fine.."
Augustus had been trembling ever since he got back from the front door. When he tried to explain, it sounded like Hunter was really, really badly hurt. As much as I comforted him, I knew Gus would probably still be worried. He's what? Twelve? This must all be terrifing. I continued holding onto him until he quietly muttered something
"Amity, c-can you check on him?"
I was unsure whether I was ready myself, based on Gus's reaction, it's pretty bad. Nevertheless, I stood up!
"Want me to make you some Hot chocolate after?"
A gentle nod responsed.

I carefully walked into the room, but noticed something
"Where, is he?"

Hunters POV

Finally, I felt my body healing. A lot of my wounds looked better, thanks to Willow, and I was surrounded by, almost everyone. Everyone except Gus. Was he okay, had he been taken?!! My hands began to shake. If they found him, it would be my fault.
"G-gus! Is he okay, w-whe-where is he?!'
"He's fine, I was actually about to make him a chocolate. I'll tell him you're okay."
Amity responded. I'm sure he was fine then...

Eventually, she walked away into the kitchen. Just the perfect time to bombard me with questions..
"Can you remember what the person who took you looked like?"
Willow began, and Luz continued.
"Or their voice? Or number plate? What did they do to you?"
"I, um."
I took a deep breath before answering.
"I think they had dark brown eyes, and I cut them across the face. Don't really remember their voice or number plate. And um, nothing."

Nothing happened, right?
Nothing important at least.
I was fine.
I've had worse.
I'd live at least.
My train of thought was suddenly interrupted by the sound of a mug shattering and screams.
Were those, Amity's screams?
I quickly attempted to push myself up, but was held down by Willow.
"Your body is still damaged. You wait here, Camila, Luz and I will check up on the others."
"B-but...!"
"No buts! We'll be right back!"

I sat alone near front of the door. Shaking in fear. Gus was alright, right? the scream echoed across walls, back to me. This wasn't good. Forgetting about what Willow previous said, I carelessly pushed myself up and rushed to the living room.

Slowly, I peeked round the corner. Amity, Luz, Willow, Vee, Camila and- and..
That was it
Where was Gus
Voices around me sounded panicked, asking questions after questions.
"Amity, did you see what happened?"
Willow asked, anxious.
"I-I don't know!"
Suddenly I thought what must of happened.

Gus was taken

I helped them find Gus

Gus was I'm danger,

And it was my fault!

My body began to practically melt to the floor. I couldn't breathe. Before thinking, I ran as quickly as possible to the door, trembling in fear, and pain. As I shook the door nob, a voice spoke from behind me.
"Hunter, where are you going?"
"W-willow?"
She'd hate me if I told her. Nonono! This is Willow. I can trust Willow. Right?
"G-gus! He got taken! And its-its my fault! I have to find him!!"
A glance of confusion reflected towards me.
"I can assure you it's not your fault, Hunter. You need to rest. It turns out he went to bed, its fine"
"The scream?"
"Amity just got scared. Everybody is a bit on edge now.."

After hearing Willow, I began to calm down.
"On the topic of rest, you need some rest! You go to sleep, I'll be there soon."
In the moment I hesitated to leave, something brushed my face. I was unsure why, but my face suddenly began to heat up and turn red, and Willow did the same before running off.
"NIGHT HUNTER!!!"
"Oh, um, Night Night!"

On the way to the basement, I questioned what had just happened. It was like a soft, light tingle brushed against my cheek, but it was comforting as well? Pulling the creaky door open, throwing myself on the matress. Today was tiring to say the least, even if I was sitting down for half of it. I shut my eyes, preparing to fall asleep.

Willows POV

Oh my titan, oh my titan! Why did I do that.
"NIGHT HUNTER!!!"
My voice echoed across the hallways.
"Oh, um, Night Night!"
Why did I kiss him, we're just friends! Silently, I walked past Gus, who fell asleep, and Vee, who went to sleep almost instantly. Sitting outside the basement door, I prepared myself. If he asks, it was just a friend thing! That friends do. As I slowly walked down the staircase, I noticed something. Hunter was actually asleep, not shaking, not silently crying. He was actually asleep! Since I had gotten dressed earlier, I carefully dropped onto the sofa, falling asleep.

Word count:925

Author's Note : Gonna try to fit in some more wholesome chapters before things start getting silly! So everyone can be ready for those!