A mission from Hexside - Chapter 10

The boat gently fell too the ground. I was hoping I didn't see anybody today, mainly because I didn't have my mask.
"You can stay here Golden Guard. Belos told me you shouldn't come without you mask."
Thank goodness. Belos probably only told Darius that because he didn't want anybody to see the scars.
"I'll be back, then we can get going."
He walked of with the boxes, while I waited. I just hoped he didn't take too long.

Luz's POV

Back at Hexside at last! I sure did have a strange weekend. Every day I had was with the Golden Guard. And each time, he seemed slow, tired. The first time I saw him this weekend him face looked really bad! It was pretty obvious he wasn't walking into trees left and right but I don't think I should bug him about it. Anyways, today was a new day! A new day to learn at Hexside. I scurried to the doors, planning to meet Willow, Gus and Amity. But, I noticed something. Something big. A giant boat. I wanted to investigate but I have this feeling I shouldn't do it alone.
"Oh, Hi Luz!"
Gus shouted from the front of the school.
"Hey Gus! Willow, Amity!"
I ran towards my friends, hoping they would check out the boat with me.
"Did you guys see that giant boat? Wanna check it out?"
The group looked at me, disappointed.
"I was going to show Amity some illusion magic" Gus told me, he seemed really excited. Amity seemed excited too.
"I could come?" Willow spoke up.
"Really? That would be great! Let's go!" I said bye to Amity and Gus as we ran off towards the boat.

I exchanged looks with Willow, she whispered
"We need to be quiet from here on out. I think that boat is from the emperor's coven."
She climbed on the back and peeked over.
"See anything?"
I was holding onto her, trying to stay steady.
"All I see is-"
That's when we both came crashing down. We just had to hope nobody was there.

Hunter's POV

I was sitting around empty boxes with Flapjack, still waiting.
"What was taking so long?" I held on safely to Flapjack, trying to stay awake. I think my body was tired from my immune system working so hard to heal myself.
"Tweet!"
"Huh, what is it Fla-"
!!CRASH!!
Suddenly, I heard a loud crashing noise. Was it Darius, was he okay? I knew I should check but I just couldn't move. It seemed Flapjack understood because he looked at me and then went to check. Now Hunter, just close your eyes for a few seconds. You can rest for a tiny bit. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

Luz's POV

"Willow! Are you okay?"
Willow was strong, but that was a pretty bad fall.
"I'm fine! But I couldn't see much. Should we try get in?"
I did really want to know what was in that boat. Especially because it was from the Emperor's coven.
"Let's go!"

Willow lifted me up into the boat. There wasn't much here. Just a few large boxes. And a small red cardinal.
"Hi there little rascal!"
"Chirp!"
"What are you trying to say?"
Willow was climbing up the boat.
"Huh, who are you talking to?"
I can't lie to her. But I feel like I shouldn't tell her the Golden Guard might be here.
"Just some red bird I found. I think he's a palismen?"
"Chirp chirp!"
Willow moved closer to the bird, and then looked at me.
"I think he's trying to tell us something, we should follow him!
As soon as the cardinal heard, he started flying to the front of the boat.
"Tweet chirp!!"
"What is it little bird?"
He seemed distressed. I can only guess it was Hunter. This was his palismen and he seemed injured the last few times I met him. Even Amity said he was really tired when they fought. Mabye Belos was just tiring him out? Why does he even follow Belos! Belos is evil! Willow and I kept following the bird. I was right. The Golden Guard!

Willow's POV

I was trying to listen to the cardinal but he seemed way to worried.
"Chirp tweet chirp chirp!!
"It's going to be okay. I'm sure your witch is okay."
Luz was a bit in front of me, and she looked shocked.
"See anything Luz?"
"Hu-"
She was definitely shocked. Luz never stuttered, let alone not being able to get a word out. I ran up to her.
"Is this, the Golden Guard?"
He looked heavily messed up. I mean, he was unconscious. That's not a good sign. I looked up to Luz.
"Should we try help him?"
"Mhm. He's been like this the past few times we've met. I'm a bit worried at this point."
"If that's so, mabye we could try wake him up? Actually, Amira, taught me afew things from the healing track!"
"Really? Do you think you could do anything to help?"
I nodded at Luz, You can do this Willow! I began making a circle with my hand. You've got this.

Hunter's POV

I woke up to hear some muttering. To be honest, I didn't want to open my eyes and my head was still ringing. Although my eyes we're closed, I could keep something. Like a glistening warmth.
"Huh-"
I quickled opened my eyes and jolted back,
"Wh-what are you doing?!"
"We're helping you! You obviously need it!"
The girl with the green hair was yelling at me. But I think she was just trying to help.
"Well, I don't! So you can go."
I couldn't even force them to leave in my state. I just wanted Darius to come back soon. Why was he taking so long anyways. The human looked at me.
"Hunter, didn't we get you healed that time we met. So what happened?"
I didn't really plan this far ahead. Walking into a tree wasn't going to work this time. And it looked much worse than before.
"I-I. I ran into a- a."
"A tree?"
"N-no! A, um an abomination! Yeah, I walked into an abomination actually."
This was stupid none of them believed me.

"Little Prince! There's a few boxes in the boat, could you drop them off outside the boat?!" Was that Darius? Nobody else calls me little prince. But I couldn't even move. So how could I move the boxes? It's at least worth a try.
"Could you move? I have work to do."
I tried to push myself up but fell into the green haired girl.
"S-sorry."
"Why are you apologizing? You can't even stand! Luz and I will help."
Why was she being so nice to me? Both of them seemed to hate Belos and the Emperors coven, yet they still helped. Why did they want to help me. About a minute later, they came back.
"Everything's been taken care of, are you going to be alright?"
The human seemed worried about my well-being, even if I did try to kill her girlfriend and kidnap her.
"I'll be fine, thank you"
"Actually, I have a question. What are you transporting?"
That's what I was asking earlier, but I still had no idea.
"I'm, not sure actually."
The human continued,
"But you're the golden guard! Surely, you should know?"
I shook my head.
"Luz! The abomination head is coming, and lessons start soon. We need to go"
The two of them ran off, so it was just me and Flapjack.

"Time to get going Little Prince. Do you want to take the wheel?"
I was to tired to speak, move or do anything.
"Still giving me the silent treatment, huh?"
Darius stared at me.
"I'll drive then, can you go to the back and watch?"
I nodded, attempting to move myself to the back.
"What happened to you mask? You always wear it."
"It's broken."
"Broken huh? How'd that happen?"
What could I say? Belos broke through it because I couldn't take it off?
"Mission."
"Could I have abit more detail maybe?"
I stood at the end of the flying ship, observing the ground far below. I wish I could go to Hexside. It looks fun to learn magic. Make friends. Maybe I can have a day there one day. Hopefully.

Word Count:1394